I’m hooked on my iPhone. I don’t know how I lived without a smartphone – it’s so convenient! On my last phone, I didn’t even have internet and had a pay-per-text plan. Now my iPhone never leaves my side. Obviously, one of my favorite things about the iPhone is the huge assortment of apps. And these are my top 5 favorite apps…for now anyway.
1. Boxcar (free) : it compiles all your push notifications – like your email, Twitter, Facebook, and FourSquare accounts – into one tool…and does it better than the individual apps do it themselves. I just barely learned about this one but already love it.
2. TeuxDeux ($2.99) : I’m a long-time fan of TeuxDeux (it began as a web tool) and was thrilled when they got an iPhone app. I’m a to-do list junkie and the best thing about this one is its simplicity.
Your to-dos carry over to the next day if you don’t complete them and you get a satisfying, cross through your tasks once you mark one complete by tapping it. I also like the “Someday” list for things you need to do , but don’t have an immediate deadline.(Yes, Ashley, I have your cookie dough nut butter on my to-do list for Saturday.)
3. What Should I Wear Running? (free) : When it’s not warm outside, I have a hard time deciding what to wear running. This tool solves that problem for me and tells me exactly what to wear, right down to gloves.
You enter in whether you like to be cool, warm or in-between when you run and plug in your zip code. It saves your info and when you open the app, it pulls the current weather conditions and tells you what to wear. I’m always happy with its recommendations.
4. ShakeItPhoto ($0.99) : You don’t have to even create an account for this one. You just open the app, take a picture, then shake it, shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture. (Literally shake your phone to “develop” it…not really required but totally fun.) You get a border around your picture and an antiquey-finish to it.
5. My Fitness Pal (free) : I don’t always track calories, but sometimes I do to check in with my nutrient levels (particularly iron, cholesterol and protein) or to help me see how much I’m really eating when suddenly my jeans “shrunk” and I can’t figure out why since I never wash my jeans.
Angela from Everyday Inspirations introduced me to this app when she blogged about it and I love it. It has the best food database I’ve found; they even have LoveGrown Granola in their database! It’s really simple to use, and if you like, you can connect to friends within it to cheer each other on with your goals.
If I tell you mine, you gotta tell me yours: what’s your favorite iPhone app?