M – CrossFit
- Front Squats: 5×3 at 135#
- My quads were soooo sore by Tuesday night!
- MetCon for time. I finished in 15:14.
- 800m run
- Shoulder to Overhead (RX 95#, I did 55#)
- 800m run
T – 7.5 mile run, solo (8:05 pace)
- I ran my last mile in my new Newtons! I needed a new pair of shoes to rotate in with my Brooks PureConnects and Adidas Adizero Bostons; I’ve wanted to try Newtons for years, so I bit the bullet, even though they’re kind of pricey. They recommended that I ease into them since the running style is a bit different. I loooove how bright they are. 🙂 I got the Newton Motion V in my usual running shoe size. I’ll do a full review of them once I put in some more miles. Initial reaction is very good!
W – 4.5 mile run with Ali (8:45 pace)
Th – 3 mile run, solo, in Raleigh (8:45 pace)
F – REST
S – 4.2 mile run with Alise (8:25 pace)
Su – 8 mile run with Allison (8:15 pace)
Total miles: 27.2 miles
How I’m feeling: My legs actually feel pretty good. Thursday’s run was AWFUL, but it could have been the fact that it was super hot (I ran about an hour later than normal), that I hadn’t slept well, and that I was running a hilly, new-to-me route while I was in Raleigh (more on that later!).
I also feel like I might be getting plantar fasciitis. I finally bought some birkenstocks (the Mayari style) to wear around the house and while walking Maizey so I have more support. My floors are concrete and I’m typically barefoot or in my Jack Rogers…not the best!
I’ve also been trying to focus on recovery a bit more. I’m wearing compression socks after long runs and I foam rolled Tuesday night. It was so dang uncomfortable, but I ended up doing it for 30 minutes because it’s strangely addicting once I start. I’ve never had full compression socks (only calves sleeves), but I really like these full socks from Swiftwick. And the price point is way better than some other brands I’ve seen.
On another note, I’m so grateful that I suddenly have a number of running friends to meet up with during the week. I love that they get me out the door earlier than I would on my own (or oftentimes I’d just skip running altogether without them). Plus, I’ve seen some amazing sunrises lately!
Your turn to share: Do you wear compression socks? I’d love to hear your experience with them or any other recovery methods you swear by.