An honest Beautycounter Color Pinch Cream Blusher review, including why I like it better than my previous blushes (including the famous NARS Orgasm).
For years, I’ve never had a blush I loved. And I figured that either (a) blush just didn’t look good on me or (b) I didn’t know how to apply it. I tried cream blushes and powder blushes, and never really really fell in love. But I FINALLY have one I love and that is foolproof to apply! Meet the Beautycounter Color Pinch Cream Blusher.
What I didn’t like about previous blushes:
- They didn’t last, so I spend a crap ton of money on something that disappeared in 2 hours.
- They had shimmer. I’m not 12, no thanks.
- They were too pigmented and I couldn’t blend them in enough to not look crazy.
- They didn’t have enough pigment and it took a billion layers to see it.
- They were dry. My NARS cream blush felt like I was rubbing clay on my skin and I had to tug to get it to blend and you never want to pull at delicates skin on your face!
- THEY HAD PARABENS
I’m seriously so annoyed as I continue look up the ingredients in my makeup and just how many of them have parabens, which are linked to cancer. I can’t be 100% perfect with and avoid every ingredient on the Never List, but I am trying VERY hard to avoid parabens at all costs. So, what brands have I been using that have parabens? Laura Mercier. NARS. Trish McEvoy. It’s not like this is cheap stuff! Ughhhh…
What I LOVE about the Beautycounter Color Pinch Cream Blusher.
- It’s super moisturizing. It just feels GOOD on my skin. And I’m all about adding extra moisture when I can!
- It’s not greasy or dry.
- It blends super easily so I don’t have streaks (which is something that I’ve always struggled with when using cream blush).
- It’s pigmented but also looks really natural.
- I can easily layer it for more impact in the evenings.
- It gives the PERFECT flush. You know that perfect flush you after the perfect workout? It kind of looks like that.
- It stays on all day. I’ll sometimes retouch it after work if I have dinner plans but I don’t have to.
- It doubles as a matte lip color! I get so many compliments when I use it on my lips.
In Short: Beautycounter Color Pinch Cream Blusher Review
I honestly can’t recommend it enough. I use the hibiscus color which is such a lovely pink. It brightens my whole face and I can’t believe how much more awake I look after putting it on. And after almost every Instagram story or Snapchat video I post when I’m wearing it, someone sends a message and asks what blush I’m wearing. Now THAT is a compliment because those aren’t usually in the most flattering light. 😉
What it looks like on my skin
Here are a few photos with different lighting so you can see what it looks like on my skin.
I use the blush with my Beautycounter Dew Skin tinted moisturizer and it’s the perfect natural look. (You can read my review of Dew Skin here.) I hope this Beautycounter Color Pinch Cream Blusher review is helpful — I know it can be SO hard to order makeup online without trying it on in person. (But luckily, Beautycounter has a 60-day-no-questions-asked return policy.)
Click here see the full list Beautycounter products I use, including skincare and make-up. I’m so so happy I’ve been able to find products I love that are SAFE and WORK. I can’t believe how much peace of mind I got since switching to Beautycounter, knowing I’m not slathering toxic ingredients all over my body and face. And you know, not slathering on greasy coconut oil or “natural” makeup that feels and looks like crap.
Current Beautycounter Promos
If you decide to buy the blush, be sure to take advantage of the promo they have going right now (until Feb. 28) where you get a free Rejuvenating Eye Cream and Candula Lip Conditioner ($78 value) with a $150 order. PLUS if you sign up for the preferred shopper program, Band of Beauty, for $29 you get a Soothing Face Oil ($68 value) for free, free shipping and 15% product credit back to spend on your next order! If you’re going to keep ordering Beautycounter products, I highly recommend signing up for Band of Beauty to get the most bang for your buck. (Or, if you really want good discounts + access to products before they launch, sign up as a consultant for a 25% discount on everything. Shoot me an email if you want more details on that – teri@afoodiestaysfit.)
Here’s an example of what you could order take full advantage of all the promos right now. It’s a crazy amazing deal.
To place a Beautycounter order, click here.
The free eye cream/lip conditioner will be automatically added to your cart once you hit $150. To sign up for the preferred member program, Band of Beauty, be sure to add that to your cart to get a free Soothing Oil.
As always, let me know if you have questions or need recommendations, either in the comments or shoot me an email (email@example.com). Happy shopping!