Yay! It’s Thanksgiving week! I’m lucky that I already had an amazing Thanksgiving meal earlier this month with Cookbook Book Club. Impressive right??
For our cookbook book club this month, the theme was a trial run for Thanksgiving so we knew in advance if new recipes were going to be keepers for the big day. And, it was pretty amazing to have such an incredible meal with not a lot of effort since we all pitched in. Our hostess this time, Anna, was the real winner since she roasted an entire turkey the day of book club. (And she made cranberry sauce AND a homemade pecan pie!)
Below are all the recipes we made with few notes if you’re still working on your menu!
Tried & Loved Thanksgiving Recipes
- Cranberry Compote – I LOVED this cranberry recipe! Perfectly sweet and tart. Anna used 1 cup of sugar instead of 1 3/4, and she cooked it until most but not all the cranberries burst. (I’m torn between making this or my usual crockpot bourbon cranberry sauce!)
- Sweet Potato Roast – This was my second favorite dish of the spread, second only to the cranberry compote. It calls for 6 lbs of sweet potatoes but Meg scaled it down for 2 lbs to fit in a pie dish. So pretty.
- Fall Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad – This was SO good that night, but Alise said that leftovers weren’t great.
- Autumn Millet Bake – This had amazing texture and was so pretty!
- Paleo Carrot Cake – This is what I brought and it was so easy, healthy and delicious. I ate the leftovers for breakfast – it’s great with coffee! 🙂 Tommy loved it too.
So what is a Cookbook Book Club?
Black Friday sales are apparently gearing up already! Tons of my favorite stores have great deals right now. I got a sneak peak at some of the Beautycounter Black Friday promos and what I saw looks ahhhhmazing. If you’re not on my Beautycounter email list and want to be notified their sales, sign up here!
Ann Taylor: $50 off full-priced dresses w/ code PARTYPERFECT
Anthropologie: 20% off tops and sweaters (no code necessary)
Asos: up to 60% off select (no code necessary)
Backcountry: 20% off one full-priced item with code 20MORE. This would be a GREAT time to get some cold-weather running gear since it’s usually pricey. I’m eying this jacket or maybe a second color of my favorite cozy vest!
Bloomingdale’s: Big Brown Bag Sale (Get 25% off every $200 you spend)
Gorjana: Get early access to their Black Friday sale with 30% off with my link!
J.Crew: 500 styles under $50 (no code necessary)
Ralph Lauren: extra 30% off select styles w/ code HOLIDAY
Loft: extra $25 off select (no code necessary)
Minted: 15% off holiday cards w/ code BEMERRY
Neiman Marcus: up to 40% off select
Home Furnishing Sales
One King’s Lane: Gifts under $100
Pottery Barn: 20% off your order w/ code THANKFUL
Serena & Lilly: Free shipping with code WKNDSHOP
Wayfair: Up to 80% off Black Friday Blowout (no code necessary)
West Elm: 25% off all rugs, bedding, curtains, pillows, & throws
William Sonoma: 20% off Semi-Annual Electricss Event w/ code ELECTRICS
My Holiday Shop page is up and running so if you need gift ideas, be sure to check that out. I recommend bookmarking it and the linked pages bookmarked since they’ll all be regularly updated as new sales happen during the season!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Are you in a book club? If so, what are you reading right now?