This list of best gift ideas for runners — as shared by runners! — will keep your favorite runner running happy! Number one pick? SOCKS! Read below for more ideas!
What do you get a runner for Christmas
I’ve shared multiple gift guides for runners over the years — see previous year’s guide ideas for runners here and here and here. And see my best gift ideas for runners 2018 edition here and here (that second link has unique gifts for runners!)!
After I put up the last gift guide, I asked my Instagram followers (lots of runners!) what they really want for Christmas each year and I got over 100 responses! I started to see some common themes!! And I thought it’d be helpful for people shopping for runners. And, you runners can send it to your loved ones to make shopping for you a little easier.
What every runner needs
I’ve run over 50 races, including the 2018 Boston Marathon and countless half marathons, and I agree with all of these! My personal favorite picks are linked below with shopping tips. (If you’re shopping for a newbie runner, you could also give them my Running 101 guide where I shared all my best tips!)
- socks – these OS1st FS4 socks my absolute FAVORITE since I struggle with plantar fasciitis. These feeture socks are my second favorite.
- stance socks – for running or everyday life!
- training journal
- coconut water
- beer or wine
- snack bars – RX bars or Picky Bars (created by a professional runner)
- energy gels – chocolate mint, vanilla and s’mores are my favorites!
- energy chews – I like skratch labs
- nuun tablets – pink lemonade all day long
- compression socks
- massage gift card (I shared my Winston-Salem pick here!)
- running jacket – this Oiselle jacket is the one I asked for! 🙂
- recovery items – foam roller, R8 roll recovery, hypervolt
- running gloves
- running mittens (Get a box of handwarmers to go with them! They slide into mittens perfectly.)
- Gift card to local running store (or an online one if you don’t have a local store)
- blinkers/reflective gear – I wear this Tracer 360 vest on EVERY early morning run.
What is a good gift for a marathon runner
I’d go for something they wouldn’t necessarily buy for themselves! The Hypervolt is a great option, or something to really spoil themselves, like this body spa set. The scrub feels amazing on tired feet. Primally Pure also has great body products and you can save 10% with promo code TERI. (Unrelated: I also use their lemongrass deodorant and love it.)
What’s on my wishlist as a runner – aka gifts for runners who have everything 😉
- more cozy sweatpants – I got these earlier in the year and wear them, um, daily. I’d never spent that much on sweatpants before and they have been worth every penny.
- more Goodr sunglasses – I have one pair and want some more fun colors!
See more gift ideas directly from other runners!
Pin this for later!
Gifts for Runners Under $50
Ready to run?
I'll send you advice for getting started and staying motivated, my favorite running gear, playlists, tips to increase your speed, avoid injuries and more!