This list of best gift ideas for runners — as shared by runners! — will keep your favorite runner running happy! Number one pick? SOCKS!
I’ve shared multiple gift guides for runners this year and in previous years – you can see them all here. And one year, after I put up the last gift guide, I asked my Instagram followers (lots of runners!) what they really wanted for Christmas each year and I got over 100 responses. I started to see some common themes and I thought it’d be helpful for people shopping for runners. And, you runners can send it to your loved ones to make shopping for you a little easier.
Best Gifts for Runners: What runners actually want for Christmas
Below are the top picks directly from the 100+ runners who shared what they want. As someone who has run over 50 races, including the 2018 Boston Marathon, the 2019 Boston Marathon and over 20 half marathons, I completely agree with all of these suggestions. My personal favorite picks for each idea are linked below with shopping tips.
- socks – These Lululemon socks are my favorite pair in general. (I really need to buy more myself since I’m always looking for them and they’re usually dirty!) You can find the rest of my favorite socks here.
- stance socks
- training journal
- coconut water
- beer or wine
- snack bars – RX bars or Picky Bars (created by a professional runner)
- energy gels – chocolate mint, vanilla and s’mores are my favorites!
- energy chews – I like skratch labs
- nuun tablets – pink lemonade all day long
- compression socks
- massage gift card (I shared my Winston-Salem pick here!)
- running jacket – for the ladies / for the men
- recovery items – foam roller, hypervolt
- running gloves
- running mittens (Get a box of handwarmers to go with them! They slide into mittens perfectly.)
- Gift card to local running store (or an online one if you don’t have a local store)
- blinkers/reflective gear – I wear this Tracer 360 vest on EVERY early morning run
- cozy sweatpants – I have these and love them
- body scrub, epsom salts, etc – I love this foot scrub set.
See more gift ideas directly from other runners!
Pin this for later!