This weekend has felt really long – and I love it. We kicked off the weekend activities a little early on Thursday night with some live music on the back lawn of the Reynolda House – I love their summer events! Tommy and I met up with some friends, Adam and Alise, and it was a perfect evening. It was one of those nights that made me so grateful for good friends and the good life I get to enjoy in Winston.
Tommy and I went to CrossFit on Friday night, and he played golf while I went on a long run on Saturday morning. We went to the pool, and then I took a long glorious nap afterwards.
Today has been pretty low key with church, lunch at First Street Draught House, doing stuff around my apartment and then going to the driving range tonight.
Oh, and you may notice some these are snapchat photos – I wasn’t really a fan of snapchat for a long time, and now I love it! (username: terilynhutchie) It’s such a fun way to see what friends (including blog friends!) are up to. It’s not creepy and scandalous like I thought snapchat was. 😉
I also started a new instagram account since my obsession for Winston-Salem can’t be contained to only my account (@afoodiestaysfit). Follow me at @BestofWinston and you locals, tag #bestofwinston so I can see what you love in town!
Alright, onto my favorite links from the week. I’ll be back with a weekly workout recap soon – it’s been a while since I’ve done that and I want to share some adjustments I’ve made in my training.
- Why you should never order the second cheapest wine on the menu
- Dying to make these Cinnamon Vanilla Breakfast Protein Bites – they sound like a snickerdoodle!
- A Dumb Way Restaurants Trick (‘Trick’) You Into Drinking More Wine
- The Busy Person’s Lies
- Pinning this post with 25 gluten-free spring & summer crockpot recipes
- I need to make this dairy-free rocky road ice cream immediately
- If you’re not dairy-free, you need to make my Chocolate Superfudge Brownie Ice Cream immediately. I miss it.
Uh, clearly I have wine and ice cream on the brain. #SUMMER. 🙂 Although to be honest, the summer heat makes me not really want to drink. Give me water. Maybe I’m just getting #old. 😉
Have a great week!
Catching up? Last week’s posts:
- Running in my 30s vs. Running in my 20s
- Healthy Mayo-Free Tuna Salad