Sometimes I get on a kick where I want flavored coffee but it usually only lasts about a week and then I have a bunch of flavored coffee around that I need to use up. These energy bites came together when I was spending a weekend in Boone and I wanted to make the Giddy Up Bites from Run Fast East Slow (a must-own cookbook) but I didn’t have all the ingredients on hand — I was even out of cinnamon, oof. But I realized I had some smore’s coffee at the house that would add a fun spin – and these are definitely a keeper. Now I want to try them with the extra cherry-flavored coffee I have sitting around in Winston-Salem!
These are perfect for crushing my afternoon sweet tooth (which is on overdrive lately) or for a boost of energy before a run or a WOD.
S’More Coffee Plz Energy Bites
- 15 medjool dates, pits removed (I buy fresh, not the dried ones with pits removed)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (no sugar or oil added – mine was a bit runny)
- 2 tablespoons ground s’mores flavored coffee (I used the Fireside Delight from Cactus Creek, an NC roaster)
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons protein powder (I used Mocha Vega)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional, leave out if your almond butter is salted)