- 2 halibut filets, skin removed
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs (buy gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t dried basil
- scant 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1 T fresh parsley (or 1 t dried)
- 1/8 t salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 T melted butter or Earth Balance
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the bread crumbs, oregano, basil, garlic powder, parsley, salt & pepper. Add the melted butter and mix well. It will kind of look like wet sand.
- Coat the halibut with the bread crumb mixture, patting it into the fish to make it stick.
- Put the halibut in a greased baking dish and drizzle a little olive oil on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until it flakes in the middle. Try not to overcook it. You want it just flaky, not rubbery!