This makeup tutorial uses almost all Beautycounter makeup. I also shared what products I use love and the one I don’t.
For years, I tried dozens of different brands and products (spending hundreds of dollars in the process), but never had a makeup routine I liked. So, then I spent more money trying yet another product. All I wanted was to look natural and put together without being overdone. And it had to be easy.
All of those boxes are finally checked and it’s so nice to not product hop! I just reorder when I run out since I seriously love everything I use now! (Not that I have to reorder often since all of these products last a LONG time. The brow gel usually runs out the quickest.)
So, how easy is my makeup routine? It takes under 10 minutes and probably closer to 5 if you’re not talking in a video like I did. There’s a short video below with my natural makeup tutorial, showing the exact products I use.
My natural makeup tutorial using Beautycounter makeup
My top three tips for a natural makeup look are:
- Start with a very small amount of product and only add more if needed
- BLEND BLEND BLEND
- Have a solid skincare routine (if your skin is breaking out or not hydrated, your makeup won’t go on easily – here’s my routine)
If you want a more in-depth makeup tutorial (where I invited a makeup artist to help teach and share some tips), sign up to get that emailed to you here!
If you like a quicker tutorial, watch the below video! (It shows the foundation brush!)
Makeup used (listed in order shown)
- Dew Skin tinted moisturizer. I wear shade 2.
- Tint Skin Foundation. I wear Linen in the winter and Sand in the summer. –> UPDATE: I now use the Skin Twin Foundation in shade 310. It lasts longer and feels AMAZING.
- Concealer Pen – I use the Light shade and I freaking love this concealer.
- Ilia Mascara + eyelash curler
- Radiant Bronzer in Dune (the trio palette shown in the video is no longer available but I only really use the bronzer in it)
- Satin Blush in Nectar
- Brow Gel in Medium or Dark. I go back and forth!
- Lip Gloss in Peony
My Brushes & Sponges
- Makeup sponge – for foundation & concealer
- Airbrush – what I used to apply bronzer
- Powder Brush (what I used to apply blush)
- Featherweight Powder Brush (what I used to blend)
- If you’re looking to overhaul your makeup, the this set has everything listed above EXCEPT the bronzer and my mascara. It does come with a mascara, just not the one I use. You also have to choose between the Dew Skin or Tint Skin. (You could always add on the other a la carte.)
- This shade chart is helpful for picking out your foundation and concealer shades.
I don’t use the mascara that comes in Flawless in Five most days, but I keep it in my gym bag so I use it when I need to head somewhere after a workout. My daily mascara is Ilia, Honest or Tarte. I prefer a bold lash look vs. the more natural look of Beautycounter’s mascara which is why those are in my daily makeup bag!
Make sure to check out this post on Beautycounter promo codes and how to save money on your orders!
And iff you have any questions, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I’m happy to help!
Happy makeup-ing! 🙂
You may also like:
- How I curl my hair
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer review
- My skincare routine
- The product that made my skin glow (and got rid of acne scars)
- How I wash my makeup brushes
I <3 Beautycounter
Sign up for my Beautycounter newsletter to learn more about their products and to hear about specials and giveaways!
As a thank you, I'll send you a FREEBIE with my 10 tips for clean living!