A favortie smoothie bowl recipe. With berries, bananas, and honey on top, you’ll want more than one of these smoothie bows!
I’m obsessed with smoothie bowls lately. The main difference between a smoothie and a smoothie bowl is less liquid (about 1/4 as much) so it’s thicker and you can eat it out of a bowl with a spoon (well, duh…Teri). But that’s important because then you can add lots of toppings which makes it 100x better than a smoothie. I find smoothie bowls more filling and more satisfying since it feels more like a meal. I’m just not a huge fan of drinking my meals unless I’m on the go!
Another important thing to note is that the banana is key! A banana adds the thickness a smoothie bowl needs, not to mention important nutrients!
This smoothie bowl is full of berries and protein –– the perfect combo for a delish breakfast. These are also a crowd favorite because of how dang pretty they are! That doesn’t affect the taste of course, but it definitely doesn’t hurt ;).
I served my smoothie bowls in stocky mason jars that have a small neck. I love how it looks when the berries and other toppings spill over the side. I also love this size since it isn’t too large and makes the perfect serving for a snack! If you make a blender full of smoothie, you’ll likely be able to fill a few more jars– and talk about a crowd pleaser! These would make the perfect healthy dessert a dinner party!
Here is the Recipe!Print
Protein Packed Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1–2 handfuls spinach
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 scoops Vega Vanilla Sport Protein Powder
- Toppings: sliced fruit, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, granola, nuts, shredded coconut
- Blend everything (except the toppings of course!) until very thick and creamy, 1-2 minutes. You will likely need to stir it and push it down a few times to get it to blend.
- Add more liquid only if you really need to, or else it’ll be hard to eat with a spoon!
- Add toppings and drizzle with honey
- I use my Vitamix and it has an open lid with a stick to help push things down and blend better.
Keywords: smoothie, smoothie bowl, blender, berries
(BTW, a Vitamix is the BEST kitchen purchase ever, I promise – buy refurbished to save money! My refurbished Vitamix is going on strong after 4 years and I use it a LOT.)
Have you tried smoothie bowls? What are your favorite toppings?
Shop the Post