- 2 bunches lacinato/dinosaur kale
- 3–5 mandarin oranges, peeled and divided into segments
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (no sugar added)
- 1–3 teaspoons olive oil, for massaging
- White Balsamic Dressing to taste – recipe here
- Pull the kale off the stems and tear into smaller pieces. Place in a salad spinner, wash well and then dry well. I dab it with a paper towel after spinning to get all the water off. Place kale in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the kale and massage it into the leaves with your hands until coated and the leaves start to shrink in size a bit. You want just a enough to coat the leaves but not a heavy dressing.
- Add the mandarin oranges, pistachios and dried cherries.
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons dressing over the top and toss to coat. Again, add just enough dressing to lightly coat everything but not too much that it becomes heavy. Start with a smaller amount to toss, add more as necessary and serve extra dressing on the side.