Hello, hello! I’m so happy you found your way to this post. This healthy breakfast oatmeal cookie is one of my most-Pinned recipes and I really hope you love it too! (You can see my other popular recipes here!)
Guess what. I’m still eating Ashley’s breakfast cookies on a daily basis. And I made a version this morning that I might like even more than the protein-packed pumpkin pie cookie I concocted last week.
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookie
- One full banana
- 1 egg white
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/3 c old fashioned oats
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1 T chocolate chips (semi-sweet is my choice)
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 T creamy peanut butter
- In a microwavable cereal bowl, mash the banana with a fork and mix in the egg. Mix well.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the oats, baking powder and dash of cinnamon. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1 minute, 45 seconds.
- Spread the peanut butter on top and enjoy while warm.
- Ponder whether this is more appropriate for breakfast or for dessert. I’m unsure.
But since there is no added sugar (chocolate chips don’t count – obviously), I think it passes as a healthy breakfast and an extra healthy dessert. Win win.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Get them here!
Shop the Post