See an updated Runner’s Gift Guide here!
A round up of gifts that all the runners in your life will love! These are great “congrats!” gifts too for all those fall marathons your besties have been running!
I cannot believe it’s nearly the holiday season!!! This year, I’m trying really hard to get ahead of the holiday shopping so I can be more present during the holiday season. I often feel like I can’t even enjoy all the time with family and friends because I’m so focused on a to-do list — and that’s missing the entire point of the holidays. Plus, if I plan ahead and start to think about what I want to buy, it help me focus – and saves – when big sales hit (like Black Friday!).
I really like buying workout-themed gear for family and friends since the vast majority of my loved ones are active. Here’s what I’m looking at this year for gifts (and maybe for myself too 😉 ).
Christmas gift ideas for runners:
- Shoes – The Adidas Adizero Bostons are one of my favorite running shoes (I ran the Boston Marathon in them!). And part of the reason I love them is because they look cute with outfits too. Adidas shoes (whether you buy running specific ones or not) are cute enough to wear beyond the workout to post-run brunch or errands.
- Backpack – I got the National Backpack recently and I LOVE it. It’s great for toting all my running gear to meet friends (water bottle, reflective vest, towel, dry shirt, all the things!). It also makes traveling with a laptop much easier, and I have a bunch of trips coming up in early 2019. AND, it looks nice enough to take into the office.
- Sweatpants – I’m kind of obsessed with sweatpants lately (rather than leggings or PJ pants). These are so cute and will be so warm for the winter months.
- Foam roller – Most runners have a foam roller, but most won’t splurge for a “fancy” roller. Look for a vibrating foam roller or go for the Roll Recovery. It’s something they might not want pay for themselves but they’ll love it.
- Running books – some of my favorites are Run Fast Cook Fast Eat Slow, Let Your Mind Run and Peak Performance.
What’s your go-to gift for your active loved ones?
This post is sponsored by adidas, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Ready to run?
I'll send you advice for getting started and staying motivated, my favorite running gear, playlists, tips to increase your speed, avoid injuries and more!