- 4–5 cups chopped romaine
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced (I like using a vegetable peeler to create long thin strips!)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, thinly sliced (white part + a little of the green part)
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- 2–4 pieces thick bacon lardons, cooked until crisp
- Cheese (blue cheese, feta, or goat cheddar are great!)
- Favorite dressing + salt & pepper to serve – Ranch or this vinaigrette is my favorite
- Assemble it in two bowls, dividing the ingredients evenly. I put the romaine in first and then group the toppings in sections (eggs on one side, tomatoes on another, etc.), but you could evenly spread everything over the romaine too. I don’t know why I like it grouped together, but I do.
- Drizzle dressing over the top and dig in with a fork and knife. Cutting it all up helps spread the dressing.
- I buy the 5 pack of romaine hearts from Costco and use one heart for this. They’re super easy to chop into strips and then wash in a salad spinner.
- I use a vegetable peeler to create thin slices of carrots. If you have a mandolin, that’d work great too. I’m too uncoordinated and fear I’d lose a fingertip if I bought one.
- I bought a slab of thick bacon at the farmer’s market, and I LOVE the bacon lardon style in this. Plus, it was super cheap! If you use regular bacon, I’d recommend upping the # of slices.