Yay! It’s Thanksgiving week! I’m lucky that I already had an amazing Thanksgiving meal earlier this month with Cookbook Book Club. Impressive right??
For our cookbook book club this month, the theme was a trial run for Thanksgiving so we knew in advance if new recipes were going to be keepers for the big day. And, it was pretty amazing to have such an incredible meal with not a lot of effort since we all pitched in. Our hostess this time, Anna, was the real winner since she roasted an entire turkey the day of book club. (And she made cranberry sauce AND a homemade pecan pie!)
Below are all the recipes we made with few notes if you’re still working on your menu!
Tried & Loved Thanksgiving Recipes
- Cranberry Compote – I LOVED this cranberry recipe! Perfectly sweet and tart. Anna used 1 cup of sugar instead of 1 3/4, and she cooked it until most but not all the cranberries burst. (I’m torn between making this or my usual crockpot bourbon cranberry sauce!)
- Sweet Potato Roast – This was my second favorite dish of the spread, second only to the cranberry compote. It calls for 6 lbs of sweet potatoes but Meg scaled it down for 2 lbs to fit in a pie dish. So pretty.
- Fall Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad – This was SO good that night, but Alise said that leftovers weren’t great.
- Autumn Millet Bake – This had amazing texture and was so pretty!
- Paleo Carrot Cake – This is what I brought and it was so easy, healthy and delicious. I ate the leftovers for breakfast – it’s great with coffee! 🙂 Tommy loved it too.
So what is a Cookbook Book Club?
Are you in a book club? If so, what are you reading right now?