- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp bourbon (or a little more, just for good measure)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (high quality extract is important!)
- Add the cranberries, sugar and water to a crockpot. Turn to high. Once the mixture starts to boil, reduce heat to low.
- Cook over low heat for 2-3 hours until the cranberries have softened and skins start to peel off.
- About 45 minutes before serving, add the bourbon and vanilla. Continue cooking over low. I like to add a pinch of salt at this point too.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool and thicken slightly before serving.
Keywords: cranberry sauce