I hate crockpot recipes that have a million ingredients. It kind of defeats the purpose of an easy meal, right? While I’ll get ambitious occasionally and make an advanced crockpot meal, when I’m making up recipes, it’s super simple. I made this last week, it was super simple, and it was a hit with both me and Tommy so I’m making it again tonight. It’s a variation of my CrockPot Pineapple Salsa Chicken recipe, but I think I like this better. The addition of the onion and pepper made it feel a bit more like a real meal and also made it go further. Plus, the peach mango salsa is a nice change!
CrockPot Peach Mango Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts (which I tenderized with a jaccard)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 jar peach mango salsa (from Trader Joes)
- Place the sliced onion and bell pepper in a crockpot.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the veggies and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour the whole jar of salsa on top of the chicken.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours until it shreds easily with a fork.
- Shred the chicken and continue cooking on LOW for one hour so the chicken absorbs all the flavors. (I used this time to go to CrossFit and the chicken was perfect when I got home!)
I served it in corn tortillas with goat cheese cheddar, lettuce, and avocado, which was SO GOOD. It would also be great over rice, on a salad, or stuffed in a baked sweet potato. It also made awesome leftovers!
I’m trying to build up a collection of recipes on my Pinterest CrockPot Recipes board. Will you pretty please share the recipes to your favorite CrockPot recipes (even if they have long ingredient lists 😉 )?