Hey guys! Happy Tuesday! I’ve had a lot of fun things going on this past week since I last blogged. Let’s catch up!
1. I finally got kipping pull-ups down! Previously I had only done two kipping pull-ups, EVER. And then we did the workout “Cindy” (pull-ups, push-ups, squats) and I pulled a band out for the pull-ups and just tried a couple kipping pull-ups before we began and I did them. So, I figured I’d try to do a few in the workout and then go back to my usual banded pull-ups. And I ended up going ALL the pull-ups (15 rounds of 5 pull-ups) kipping, all unbroken, never touching the band. I was SOOOOO excited.
2. I tore my hand from all those pull-ups. Pretty sure this makes me an official CrossFitter. And blogging about it makes me officially official.
3. After those pull-ups, I could barely move for three days. ha! I woke up the next three mornings and could barely push myself up in bed. My lats were SO dang sore.
4. Tommy took me to the most amazing Mexican restaurant in Winston-Salem, La Perlita Tacos & Restaurante. I’d never heard of it before and I never want to eat Mexican food anywhere else. I got the mole and he got the enchiladas. Both were amazing. The corn tortillas were soooo good.
5. I got new running shoes: Brooks PureFlow 2 in the kids sizes. Perks of having small feet. My friend Paula (who is my go-to for all things running) said that most kids’ shoes are the exact same as adults except a bit wider. And that’s perfect for me since I typically need a wide shoe anyway.
6. I ran 5 miles on Sunday. I definitely don’t have the speed or endurance I used to when all I did was run. It’s still a really strange thing to not be running 30+ miles a week but I’m going with what my body craves and what workouts sound fun. And currently, CrossFit or Bootcamp sound the most fun. Last night’s bootcamp was a sweat fest – 50 calorie row, 50 lunges (I used a 15# plate), 50 sit-ups. Then 40, 30, 20, 10. It took me 24 minutes and 32 seconds.
Hope you have an awesome day!
Ready to run?
Join my FREE mini Running Bootcamp and I'll send you advice to help you get started! I'll share my favorite running shoes, advice on what to eat before a run, tips to run faster and more!