An honest review of the Dentium Club teeth whitening system plus a promo code to get 15% off your trays!
I’ve always been really neurotic about my teeth. (People who have know me for a long time are nodding as they read that. 🙂 ) When I was in high school, I was a cheerleader (people are always shocked to learn that) and all the girls on our cheerleading squad got our teeth bleached. Well, about 6 months after I bleached mine, I was knee boarding at Lake Powell and I knocked my front tooth. I got it repaired (although I have to have it worked on about every 5 years) but it left me in a situation where I HAD to keep my teeth white so all my teeth would match. There are worse problems than to be forced into whitening your teeth, but it’s honestly really annoying. I’m pretty self conscious about it since it’s hard to keep teeth the same color when they are different materials.
ANYWAY, all that to say, I’ve been whitening my teeth since I was 16. I don’t have to do it often, but I do have to do it regularly to keep things matching as best as possible. I’ve used a LOT of whitening systems over the year, including trays from the dentist (oy $$$$$ – brutal when I lost them in a move), Crest WhiteStrips and Crest WhiteStrip knockoffs.
Enter Dentium Club
When Dentium Club reached out, I was definitely intrigued since I loved the professionally made trays that I had. Plus, the founder goes to my alma mater and I think it’s so impressive when students start businesses!
What is Dentium Club?
- You get dental grade, custom-fit whitening trays without having to go to the dentist. If you get trays at the dentist, they’re typically $500+. The trays from the Dentium Club are $125.
- The trays are made to your mouth, rather than a generic football-like mouth guard, that many other brands use. Those just feel GROSS. And the Crest Whitestrips are always slimy and slide around.
- You can purchase whitening gel from Dentium Club whenever you need it or sign up for auto-ship (which is cheaper and I love the convenience of that). Their gel is also MUCH cheaper than what I paid at the dentist, usually $35-$45.
- Their gel is infused with a desensitizing agent so you don’t get that really raw, sensitive feeling that often comes from using Crest Whitestrips.
How it works:
1. They mail you all the materials to make trays at home with clear instructions. They have an instruction video online too which is helpful.
2. You take two putties (one white, one blue), roll it into a log and then press into the mold for the trays. (You have one tray for upper and one for lower so pay attention to that!)
3. Then you open your mouth wide and put the mold with the putty in your mouth.
You press up (or down for your lower teeth) until you feel the tray touch and then set a timer for 3 minutes. It’s a little weird feeling and I drooled a little (ew!), but it’s not painful or anything you can’t stand for 3 minutes. I saved you from a picture of that process. 😉
4. After that, set your mold out to dry for 30 minutes! Then repeat for your lower teeth.
And if you’re like me, and didn’t fully read the instructions that there are different trays for upper and lower, you’re grateful that they send extra putty to re-do it. Oops.
5. After both trays have sat for 30 minutes, you stick them in the prepaid shipping envelope and send them back! Easy peasy! The mold making process was so uneventful that even Maizey fell asleep while I did it. 😉
Once Dentium Club receives your molds, they make custom trays and ship them back to you. I was shocked by how fast the trays came back!
Customized whitening trays and whitening gel delivered in the mail!
Ta-da! I unfortunately botched my lower tray, even after the redo, since I didn’t press the mold in far enough and my lower trays kept popping out. I contacted Dentium Club and they sent me a new mold kit within 3 days! They want the trays to be perfect.
The upper tray fit perfectly. Of course, while I waited for my lower trays to come back, I had to try out the top tray. I was SO impressed. I honestly forgot I had it it!! The other thing I noticed is that I couldn’t tasty any of the gel. Even with my last trays that I got from the dentist, and especially with Crest Whitestrips, I could taste the nasty whitening gel. The Dentium Club tray fit so well that no gel seeped out for me to taste. Two thumbs up! I didn’t know that icky experience could be avoided.
I’ll do another post about the results once I’ve been using the trays and whitening gel for a little bit longer! But so far, I’m really impressed with Dentium Club. I liked making my own trays at home rather than finding time to go to the dentist and their customer service is AWESOME. And, I’m glad that I can get in a couple rounds of whitening before the wedding!!
If you want to get your own trays, Dentium Club is offering 15% off to my readers! Use promo code AFSF15 at checkout.
Thank you, Dentium Club, for the free trays and for sponsoring this post! And for giving me shiny white teeth before my wedding. 🙂
I <3 Beautycounter
Sign up for my Beautycounter newsletter to learn more about their products and to hear about specials and giveaways!
As a thank you, I'll send you a FREEBIE with my 10 tips for clean living!