A recap of my favorite things from 2017, including workout gear, makeup & skincare, the best jeans, my favorite shoes, and more!
One of the things I enjoy most about this blog is sharing things I love, whether it’s related to running, beauty, fashion or food. Let’s take a stroll down memory lane with my top 10 favorite finds of 2017 (and some of yours too!). Oh, and heads up that I’m grouping the Beautycounter items into 1 because I like “Top 10” better than Top 13 and I couldn’t choose among the three items. Go with it, okay? 😉 And I shared my personal highlights of 2017 in last Wednesday’s post – it was a BIG year!
The Best of 2017
2. Tory Burch Riding Boots: These were on my wish list for YEARS and included in my picks from Nordstrom Anniversary sale (read that post here). I finally got them in 2017 and am so glad I did! I wear them all the time and they are so warm, which is really necessary lately. You can see them in yesterday’s outfit pic!
3. Hudson Nico Jeans: I tried these on while I was looking for a wedding rehearsal dress (read about that here). I ended up buying them that night, and they’re one of my very favorite pairs of jeans. I wear them at least 3x a week and have no shame.
4. Hot Shot Sports Bra: Super comfy, so supportive and not a nightmare to get on and off. I hope they never stop making these. (I’m a 32C and wear a size XS.)
5. Rayban Aviators: These were my first ever nice pair of sunglasses, and now I can see why it’s worth spending more than $5. I wear these all the time, they don’t slide down and they don’t look giant on my small face. You can see them on me here.
6. Air Zoom Nike Trainers: These quickly became my favorite shoe for crossfit workouts that have a lot of plyometrics like box jumps, double unders, and burpees. I also wear them for walking Maizey and they’re so comfortable. Read my review here. (For lifting or workouts requiring stability for kettlebell swings, wall balls, etc., I wear these and I LOVE those too.)
7. Third Love Bras – I saw ads for Third Love Bras all the time, especially on Facebook, and I finally decided to try them out. (Good job, Third Love, with your social marketing! From one fellow social marketer to another 😉 ) I LOVE their bras; I blogged about them here. (I debated even sharing about this originally because undergarments are obviously super personal. But finding a good bra is impossible and I couldn’t keep it to myself.)
8. J.Crew Plaid Glen Pullover: If you’ve seen any of my latest posts, you’ve probably seen this sweater. I seriously love this thing. I brought it with me to my trip to Utah during Christmastime. This top elicited more comments and tags on Instagram about this sweater than anything else during the year, after people bought it and also loved it! (I love when y’all let me know you love something I recommend!!)
9. Zella High Waist Live In Leggings : You can see me in the cropped blue ones here. I own these in multiple colors and both in the full-length and cropped versions. They fit amazingly well and they’re cheaper than Lululemon!
10. Beautycounter: 2017 was the year that I gradually switched over all my skincare and makeup to Beautycounter and I LOVE their products. My skin has never looked better. It’s hard to choose my favorite items, but these are the three that stand out most to me. (You can see my full skincare and makeup routine here.)
- Tint Skin Foundation: I have never liked foundation. I repeat, NEVER. But, I kept getting asked about the Beautycounter Tint Skin (vs. the Dew Skin, which I raved about here) so I figured I better try it. And I fell in love. It’s easy to apply since it blends easily and it doesn’t leave me feeling super make-upy (yes, that’s a word). It’s amazing.
- Beautycounter Lip Gloss: It’s not sticky and every color I’ve tried is beautiful. I keep one (or three, ahem) in my purse at all times.
- Beautycounter Brightening Face Oil: This stuff is magic. I have VERY dry skin and it’s the only thing that actually makes my skin feel hydrated, especially in the winter. I started using it around March last year and by summertime, my skin texture and tone was seriously transformed. I’ve always fought dullness and I felt like I had glowing skin.
What did you discover in 2017 that you now can’t live without? Is there anything I shared that you tried & loved?
Shop the Post
Ready to run?
I'll send you advice for getting started and staying motivated, my favorite running gear, playlists, tips to increase your speed, avoid injuries and more!