I can’t believe it’s summer and swimsuit season! The last time I was in the water was on our honeymoon, and if I can’t go back to St. Lucia, the pool in Winston-Salem will have to do. And by pool, I mean standing only in places where I can touch the bottom and repeatedly telling Tommy no when he tells me to go off the diving board. I failed swimming lessons 3 years in a row as a child, and while I don’t think I would drown and I can swim if I have to, I prefer to not push my luck. 😉
Each year, I like to get 1-2 new swimsuits and clean out older ones that I don’t wear very often. (I often send them to ThredUp since they’re typically in great shape!)
Here are the ones I’m eyeing this year! J.Crew, Target and Nordstrom are my usual go-to’s for swimsuits, but I just discovered CupShe and they have some really cute ones too! At Nordstrom, I particularly like Robin Piccone swimsuits; that’s the brand I’m wearing above and I have a one-piece I like too!
Flattering Swimsuit Picks – one & two pieces!
- Between the jewel-toned green color and super adorable cut, I’m all about this suit!
- I’m not typically one for trendy bathing suits, but this one’s so inexpensive that I’d be willing to give it a whirl.
- Florals that make me feel like I’m on vacation? Yes, please! The print makes this suit bold–but not too bold, you know what I mean?
- I love this suit and the dreamy colors it comes in. I’m eying the ocean blue too!
- These are my favorite bottoms, and they’re only $18! I’ve had them for years!
- You can’t go wrong with a classic suit like this one.
- I think the ruffles on this suit fall on all the right places, and they’re not too overwhelming.
- I love a good stripe pattern on pretty much anything. This suit not only has the stripes going for it, but also the classy one shoulder detail.
- This suit instantly caught my eye–maybe it’s because I have another suit from last year in this pattern and love it ;). See below!
- Yessss, I know– another one shoulder! But in my defense, this one is in a different print–so it’s a totally different suit :). I have it in navy blue.
- I love the high neck on this one!
- Ummm, helllooo…this one’s going to make your shoulders look amazing!
- How simple and feminine is the ruffle detail on this suit?
- And last but not least, my last pick is a staple–this classic black two piece with the slightest extra attention to detail on the straps.
We’d been married for about 24 hours when I took this picture! 🙂
Alright, I’m off to decide which suit(s) to order and pray for a sunny weekend! It’s been raining daily here since the pool opened!!
What’s your go-to style for swimsuits? And favorite place to buy them?
I HATE anything that’s in the string category – it just feels too flimsy! Does this make me old? 🙂
Shop the Post