This german pancake recipe tastes just like my childhood — and it’s gluten-free and dairy-free! I also shared the tweaks to make a “regular” version if you don’t have dietary restrictions.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1 cup Pamela’s gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- Place an un-greased 9×13 baking dish in your oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, with the empty pan in there.
- Prepare your batter.
- Place the eggs, milk, flour, salt and vanilla in a blender and combine until smooth.
- Once the oven reaches 450, melt the butter in the pan until hot.
- Pour batter into baking dish, over the hot, melted butter. Don’t just dump it into one spot – pour in circles or figure 8s, swirling as you pour. This creates the characteristics peaks — the best part! – throughout vs. just in the corners!
- Bake, for 22-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and puffy.
- Serve with berries, maple syrup, and/or powdered sugar. Fresh lemon juice squeezed over powdered sugar is also a really good combo!
Keywords: german pancakes, gluten free