This easy gluten-free oatmeal breakfast bake is wonderful for a healthy breakfast year-round, but dresses up nicely for special occasion brunches, like New Year’s, Christmas or a girls’ together.
- 2 cups gluten-free old fashioned oats (or regular, if GF isn’t necessary)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, divided
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 2/3 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons Earth Balance, melted (or butter)
- 1 Tablespoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat a 9×9 pan with non-stick spray. Chop 1/2 of your pecans.
2. Combine the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, 1/2 c. of the pecans and half of the diced apple. Stir to combine and spread into the 9×9 greased pan. Sprinkle the remaining apple and pecan halves on top.
3. Whisk the maple syrup, milk, egg, earth balance and vanilla extract. Pour over the oatmeal mixture.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and the liquid has set.
5. Let sit for just a few minutes and serve warm. Sprinkle with a little extra salt on top.
I like to chop the pecans that I mix in and then top with pecan halves. But you can do all chopped if you prefer.