Today is a special day for 3 reasons:
1. It’s my dad’s birthday! Happy birthday Dad! I LOVE YOU!
2. It’s Friday.
3. It’s National Dog Day!
Maizey is already completely spoiled rotten, but I’m using today as an excuse to spoil her just a little more.
- I took her on an extra long walk this morning
- I sprinkled cheese over her food
- I let her snuggle with me on the big couch (which she usually isn’t allowed on) during my morning quiet time
- I took her outside for more snuggles once the sun was up — she loves sunbathing (don’t we all??) 🙂
I also gave her a Grain-free CORE Turkey & Duck with Kale Superfood Protein Bar for a special treat this afternoon. She loves these things, and I love that they’re a healthy treat option. They’re not too heavy in calories and are packed with protein, both of which are important as my little miss Maizey gets a bit older. CORE superfood protein bars are grain-free and contain superfoods, like blueberries and flaxseed, to promote whole body health. (I feel like I could benefit from these protein bars! Ha! I put flaxseed and blueberries in my smoothie yesterday so I guess I’m set. 🙂 )
How did you spoil your dog for National Dog Day?
Is your dog allowed on furniture? Maizey isn’t allowed in my bed and she is allowed on the couch if a blanket is down, which she knows and follows…for the most part. 😉
Thanks to Wellness CORE for sponsoring this post and for Maizey’s dog treats. She loves them!