This past week while I was in Pinehurst, I was able to get in some great runs. Nothing too long or too hard, which was really nice. We had gorgeous weather and I loved running on some quiet, peaceful trails in the neighborhood. I also loved running with Maizey; I started out on a solo run one morning and felt lonely, so I went back to get the pup. It’s really nice to be running just for pure pleasure and not worrying about my time or distance. I didn’t run with my Garmin Forerunner so I didn’t see my pace, but I did wear my Garmin Vivofit 2 so I could track my mileage that way.
Since I’m trying to get in the habit of running more consistently and since I’m loving running with Maizey these days, I’m going to (try to!) do the Runner’s World Run Streak. The goal is simple – run at least one mile per day, every day, starting on Thanksgiving and ending on New Year’s Day. I’m a little bit nervous to be running everyday since my mileage is pretty low these days, but I’ll just listen to my body and perhaps do a run/walk if it’s just not feeling right! Running with Maizey definitely keeps it low-key and takes the pressure off to go far or fast. 🙂 Plus, I have to take her potty anyway so this is an efficient use of our time! I’m 5 days in and haven’t missed a day yet! wahoo! Is anyone else doing this? If you want to join, just start now. Running everyday in the month of December is a great way to kick it off!
M – CrossFit
- For time: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1: run 200 meters, KB snatch (i did one arm KB swings), Box Jumps. I finished in 12 minutes.
- Back squats: 10 minute EMOM, 2 reps at 75% (I did 135 lbs)
T – brutal bootcamp
- One of the coaches from the gym held a bootcamp for a group of friends since we wouldn’t be working out together on Thanksgiving. It was insane, but so fun to have a special class with some of my favorite people!
W – 1.5 mile run with Maizey
Th – 3 mile run/walk with Maizey
F – 5.5 mile run (2.5 miles with Maizey, 3 solo) + strength on the deck
- 10 rounds: 10 lunges (each leg) with foot on bench behind me, 20 triceps dips, 10 air squats
- I once again used nature to help me keep track – pine needles this time. (Here are my other tips for staying motivated with at-home workouts!)
S – 2.5 mile run with Tommy <3
Su – 2.7 miles with Maizey, my last run in Pinehurst before heading home and back to reality 🙁
Ready to run?
I'll send you advice for getting started and staying motivated, my favorite running gear, playlists, tips to increase your speed, avoid injuries and more!