Buying acai bowls at fancy smoothie shops is expensive. Make one at one that is equally delicious and better for your budget with Trader Joe’s Acai Puree Packets.
- 1 frozen acai packet
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use Vega Sport!)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 date
- handful of spinach or a few stalks of kale
- 1/4–1/3 cup almond milk, only gradually adding to keep the mixture thick!
- Blend all your ingredients together until very creamy.
- Top with fresh fruit, granola, nuts, chia seeds — whatever you desire!
- You may need to use your blender stick or scrape down the edges to get it to blend given the small amount of liquid. It should be very thick! Only add more liquid as needed.
- My favorite protein powder for acai bowls is Vega Sport. I buy it from Thrive Market. Use this link to save 25% off your entire first order – it’s a great place to buy toppings too!
Keywords: smoothie, smoothie bowl, acaí, Trader Joe's