Thank y’all so much for your comments on yesterday’s post on negative thoughts while running. It made me feel so much better that I’m not the only one who struggles with that, but at the same time, sad that so many of us beat ourselves up while working out. Let’s all work on being a little easier on ourselves, k? I’ll keep trying too.
I’m fairly certain it generated the most responses I’ve ever gotten to a Twitter post.
(you click on each person’s tweet to be taken to his/her blog)
- Until earlier this year, I’d never run in just a sports bra. But I was running outside and it was just too damn hot and humid and I ripped my tank top off on a trail in sheer desperation. And wow, did it feel better.
- I’ve come a long way with my body confidence. Never did I think I’d feel OK running in just a sports bra. So, it was pretty significant to me when I realized that I wasn’t even thinking about how I looked as I ran. No, my abs aren’t totally flat and there is probably a little jiggle, but I’m real and I’m a woman, not a Barbie.
- If you’ve ever lived in the South or anywhere with high humidity, you get the appeal of running in just a sports bra. I didn’t get it when living in Utah. But I get it now. It doesn’t matter how early or how late you go to try to avoid tank-topless runs because the temperatures don’t drop much.
- I think it’s weird when women wear just a sports bra in the gym. It’s air conditioned. Unless you’re in cycle class…It gets HOT in that enclosed room.
- I don’t judge other women that don’t wear a top over their bra and I don’t judge those who feel more comfortable wearing a top. I think you gotta do what works for you.
- Guys go completely topless. Why can’t we go semi-topless?
Will I go tank-topless when the temps drop and the humidity backs off? Nah. But when the weather is like this, I’m gonna do whatever it takes to get me out there running. Because running in just a sports bra sure beats running on the treadmill.
Lets hear your thoughts!