This kale salad hits the spot on multiple fronts. Kale is a great source of iron, and it goes well with almost anything!
- 3 cups kale, tough stalk removed and chopped
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoon pepitas + 1 T sugar for caramelizing
- 1–2 dates, chopped (pit removed)
- Pecorino romano
- Protein & dressing of choice!
- Caramelize pepitas in a skillet over medium-low heat for a minute or two. Keep a close eye since they’ll burn easily!
- Place kale in salad and top with strawberries, dates, pecorino romano, pepitas and protein of choice.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is a basic salad dressing I often pair it with!
Keywords: salad, kale, dinner, lunch