A round-up of my favorite Labor Day sales + my picks from each plus some pictures from the week with my parents!
Hey hey hey! I’m starting to get back in the swing of things after taking a week off to spend time with my parents just in time to get out of the swing of things with the long weekend. More on that below!
But, that’s the beauty of working for myself now — I’m not limited by vacation days and can spend more time with those I love most. I’m so so grateful for that. Yes, that means I’ll be working some over the weekend to play catch-up since work doesn’t stop just because I do but but that’s okay. I truly value time flexibility and control over my schedule more than anything. Took me a while to learn that but it’s true.
Tommy and I don’t have any set plans this weekend other than dealing with AT&T. Our internet has been out for over 15+ days this month… kind of a big deal when you make a living on the internet. Our internet went out three times and the third time happened to align with an AT&T strike in the Southeast. AWESOME.
But, on the plus side, the weather will be gorgeous all weekend so I’m hoping Tommy and I can get out to play some golf too.
I’ll probably be kicking it in this outfit all weekend. I got these shorts a few weeks ago and am obsessed. And I’ve worn these sandals so much in the last two years that the tread is almost entirely gone.
Also worth nothing is that this is third-day hair WITH running every day. So I’m a TREAT. 😉 I almost always wash my hair every single day but with the slightly cooler temps this week, my hair isn’t completely soaked when I finish my run and can salvage it with dry shampoo!
Anyway, onto the sales + some fun pictures from the past week with my parents!
Labor Day Sales + my picks
These are my go-to online stores and they’re all having great sales this weekend. I noted some of my top picks at a few of them!
Backcountry: 20% off one full-priced item with code TAKE20SUMMER.
J.Crew: 40% off your purchase with code SUNSET
- I highly recommend stocking up on these v-necks t-shirts. I have a million of them, in every color — as seen here!
J.Crew Factory: 50% off everything + Extra 60% off clearance with code FALLFUN
- I have this black sleeveless top and LOVE it for all seasons.
- I want this long-sleeve leopard print blouse and this funnel neck top (looks very Megan Markle!).
Lululemon: tons of items in the We Made Too Much section!
- Sculpt Tank – on sale for $44! I have 3 of these. Love them!
- Align leggings – these are SO much better than Wunderunders!!! They’re my go-to’s for lifting, cycle, yoga and casual days.
- Fast & Free Crops + Fast & Free Leggings – the only leggings/crops/capris I’ll run in. I did all my Boston Marathon training in them.
Loft: 40-50% off with code LONGWEEKEND
Nordstrom: up to 40% off. Sooooo many things that I bought during the Anniversary Sale that sold out are BACK on sale and BACK in stock!!! You can see my Anniversary Picks here if that’s helpful too! Here are some of my very top picks!!
- SPANX bra – I’ve been living in this bra since I got it since it’s SO DANG COMFORTABLE and now it’s on sale.
- Madewell heeled sandal – I wore these shoes 3x in the last week with jeans, a jumpsuit and a dress. They go with everything, are the perfect shoe for transitioning to fall and the block heel makes them really comfortable. I just bought the black pair since I love my tan leather pair so much.
- Tory Burch Riding Boots: 33% off. I have these in black and LOVE them. I’ve had them for 3 years and they still look brand new. Since they’re on sale again, I want them in brown now.
- Good American Skinny Jeans: 40% off. These are my new favorite brand of jeans, HANDS DOWN. They fit like a dream. I’m going to buy this distressed pair that’s also on sale. Their jeans seem to run a little large so size down.
- Halogen Turtleneck Sweater – I got this during the Anniversary Sale and it’s so soft, flattering and NOT itchy.
Shop the Sales
A week with my parents!
My parents flew in from Utah last Friday and, like all visits with family, it went by too quickly. We golfed, visited the new Winston-Salem library, went to Boone, and celebrated my dad’s birthday. My mom and I ran every day, we all ate a lot of delicious food, including dessert at least 2x a day and had lots of quality time together.
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!!! And take a few minutes to call your parents to tell them you love them. 🙂