Despite feeling a bit off after travelling, I still had some good workouts last week! I especially loved getting to do yoga with my mom (who is in ridiculously good shape) and taking Tommy to his first hot yoga class!
M – hot yoga at Mountain Yoga Sandy in Utah with my mom and Tommy
T – rest day/travel day
W – 3 miles, 25 minutes, 8:10 pace +CrossFit
- Hang Power Clean + Power Clean complex (find a heavy double): I worked up to 95# and failed at 100#
- Diane for Time
- 21-15-9: Deadlifts (I used 130#) and Handstand Pushups (I did regular pushups since I was feeling a bit off from travel and didn’t want to go upside down 🙂 )
Th – 7 mile tempo run, 55 minutes + CrossFit
- 1 mile warm-up
- 10k pace surges: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 minute surges with 1 min recovery jog between each; I did each surge at a 7:10 pace
- 1.5 mile cool down
- Crossfit: 30 minute EMOM
- Min 1: 15 slam balls (I used a 10# ball)
- Min 2: 20 air squats
- Min 3: 20 kettlebell swings (I used a 24# kb)
- Min 4: 10 toes to bar (I practiced for 30 seconds each round since I can’t do them)
- Min 5: 10 box jumps
F – rest day
S – 9 miles, 1 hr 18 minutes, 8:40 pace.
This is the longest run I have clocked in a long time. I felt really sluggish for the first 5 miles but I finally got into a groove. I ran on the treadmill because it was cold and windy and I was a little crunched for time, which didn’t help matters I’m sure!
Su – 3 mile run/walk with Maizey
Total miles: 22
How I feel: I’ve really been struggling with energy the past few days. I’m hoping it’s just residual effects of jet lag and I think I may be fighting off a cold. I’m sleeping in later than normal (although I still set my alarm early and then just turn it off – not ideal!) and taking regular epsom salt baths. Hopefully I feel 100% soon!
New favorite workout pants: look how cute these Fabletics capris are! They’re the Salar capris in Black Paint. Obsessed. (Here’s my post about how Fabletics works if you’re unfamiliar!) Running shoes are Brooks PureConnect4.
Oh, and I finally gave into Snapchat and have been using it. And I have to eat my words…I think I may like it. My username is terilynhutchie – find me if you’re of the snapchatting sort! I can’t guarantee I entirely know what’s going on over there…but I’m trying. Getting old and out of touch is hard. 😉
Ready to run?
Join my FREE mini Running Bootcamp and I'll send you advice to help you get started! I'll share my favorite running shoes, advice on what to eat before a run, tips to run faster and more!