I felt really good about my workouts last week. Unfortunately, the week ended on a low note when I was decimated yesterday with either food poisoning or a stomach virus – not sure which. I’m still feeling really iffy today so I’m taking it easy. But hey, at least I got my long run in. Priorities. 😉 And luck was on our side since Tommy and I celebrated Valentine’s Day on Saturday evening with take-out sushi, so at least my favorite holiday wasn’t spoiled too much. (Also, I need to start ordering like 3x as much sushi. I’m always still hungry. Anyone else have that problem?)
And I at least got a pic with Maizey in the super-cute scarf Tommy got me.
And the Valentine Man came!
Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture with Tommy, but he looked as handsome as a Valentine ever could, even with an awful cold and cough. 🙂 (Yes, we were a bit of a hot mess this weekend!)
Okay, onto the workout recap!
M – Run/walk/sniff with the pup, 2.5 miles, average 10:30 pace
T – Hill Repeats, 6 total miles + bootcamp
- 9 hill repeats (200 m hill) + easy jog back down
- 1 mile warm-up, 1 mile cool down
- My hill was probably too steep, but my local instagram friends gave me an idea for a better hill next time!
- I used rocks to help keep track of the repeats and to keep things interesting. (It’s one of my tricks for effective at-home workouts, but works well for grinding workouts like this too.)
- Bootcamp: 15 rounds of 10 v-ups, 8 wall balls, and 6 sumo deadlift high pulls
- I typically wouldn’t do bootcamp on the same day as a hard run, but I knew this would be okay given the emphasis on abs and arms and not so much on legs. (I used a light wall ball!)
W – 3.3 miles, 9 minute pace + CrossFit
- Handstand push-ups: I got 32 HSPU in the 6 minute EMOM; we had 20 seconds to do as many as possible and then rested for 40 seconds. I did kipping HSPU with one abmat.
- 6 rounds: 24 sit-ups, 12 back squats, 6 shoulder to overhead
- I used 55# and finished in 11:56
Th – Tempo Run, 7 total miles, average 7:55 pace
- 1 mile warm-up
- 1-2-3-4-5-6 minute surges at 7:00 min/mile pace with 1 min recovery jog between each
- 2.5 mile easy running to cool down
F – rest
S – Partner WOD at Top Tier CrossFit. Tommy was way too fast on the pull-ups and slam balls. I was dying!
12 minute AMRAP:
- 6 pull-ups
- 9 slam balls
12 minute AMRAP:
- 6 burpee box overs
- 9 sumo deadlift high pulls
Each partner completed one full round before the other partner took over for a round. We got 2 minutes of rest between each AMRAP round.
Su – 9 miles, 8:15 pace
- This run felt great. I would have run longer but I needed to get ready for church. I got a late start since my bed was just so cozy. 🙂
Total miles: 27.8 miles
How I feel: my glutes and hamstrings have been super sore after the hill repeats on Tuesday and back squats on Tuesday. I got a massage on Thursday night that helped though!
Ready to run?
Join my FREE mini Running Bootcamp and I'll send you advice to help you get started! I'll share my favorite running shoes, advice on what to eat before a run, tips to run faster and more!