Last week was a good mix of running, CrossFit, ROMWOD and rest! I was planning to post this Monday night and that just didn’t happen! I’m currently at the beach (although I still haven’t seen the ocean – we’re headed over there this morning!), and I actually really love blogging on vacation. I’ve always loved writing and it just feels so much easier to write on vacation when I’m not trying to manage real life. 🙂
After my post about my body before and after CrossFit, a few of you commented that you’d like to see how I balance carbs in my diet without doing Paleo, but still eating gluten-free. I’ll do a post dedicated to the topic in the future (hopefully soon!), but in the meantime, I’ll start sharing some of my regular eats so you can get an idea of how I fuel. Keep an eye out for that post!
Last Week’s Workouts
M – 10 miles, average 8:15 pace
- I was so happy with this 4th of July run. It was really hot by the time I went out but I ended up feeling much better on the run than I expected!
T – Crossfit
- Back Squat – find a 5 rep max. I worked up to 145#.
- 11 minute AMRAP:
- 1000m row
- Then 3-6-9-12…
- Front Squats 85# (RX was 95#)
W – 4.5 miles with Ali, average 8:55 pace
- I’ve been meeting a friend to run at 6 AM once a week, which is about 30 minutes earlier than I usually go and I LOVE the early mornings and I love running with her. It’s my favorite run of the week! Plus, we get to see some amazing sunrises.
Th – 7 miles, overall average 8:06 pace + ROMWod
- I warmed up for about 15 minutes and then did 6 2-minute surges with about 2 minutes recovery between each. I wasn’t too structured about this, but tried to push the pace to 6:45-7:15 min/mile pace for about 2 minutes and recover for an equal time.
- I LOVE having ROMWod (an online stretching video library for crossfitters). I’m stretching way more consistently now that I’ve signed up for it. I wish I could find time for yoga, but 90 minutes a week just isn’t happening. I’ll do a post on ROMWod soon. Maizey is an excellent assistant.
F – REST
S – The Bear Complex – Tommy and I did our own workout since we couldn’t make the Top Tier class times. This was brutal! I used 55#.
- 7 rounds of 7 sets of:
- 1 deadlift
- 1 hang clean
- 1 front squat
- 1 shoulder to overhead (I did a push press/sort of a push jerk)
- 1 back squat
- back overhead and start all over with a deadlift
Su – 7 miles, 7:35 pace
Total Miles: 28.5
How I’m feeling: I’ve felt so great increasing my mileage lately! My right glute is being a little finicky, and I can feel it down my whole leg (especially when I lay down at night), but RomWOD is definitely helping. I need to spend more time with the lacrosse ball!
What are you up to lately with your workouts? I love increasing my mileage in the summer months! The humidity can be rough, but I loooove the major sweat fest. (Is that weird??)