CrossFit/ Fashion/ Running/ Weekly Workouts/ Winston-Salem Restaurant Reviews/ Workout Gear

Last Week’s Workouts + Quick Weekend Recap

A quick weekend recap (with some outfit details!) + week 2 of my training for the Mistletoe Half Marathon 2016 and my weekly running plan (plus yoga, CrossFit and rest).

Yesterday was the yuckiest weather (wind and rain all day) and today was the most beautiful day you could imagine (72*, clear skies and crisp air). I was so glad that I planned my long run for today, but I was soooo impressed with the number of runners I saw out in the rain on Saturday!

This weekend was super low key and lovely. I actually really like rainy weekends because they’re just so darn cozy. On Friday night, we had dinner with some friends (and their spouses) Tommy golfed with that day. It’s always fun to have an excuse to dress up!

img_9409Banana Republic Sloan Pants | B.R. Blouse (old, similar, similar) | Michael Kors watch | B.R. Bracelet | Kendra Scott Studs | Cluster pearl necklace (old, similar, similar, similar) | Steve Madden Roebella (similar herehere, here, here) | B.R. ring | Wine Stock Polish | Danielle Nicole clutch (old, similar, similar lust worthy item, similar budget friendly option)

Tommy texted me after my Saturday run and asked if I wanted to grab lunch (heck yes!), so I quickly got ready (I was still in my running clothes!); I was super excited to bust out my favorite rain jacket (that he gave me for my birthday last year). It has a zip-away hood, which really comes in handy!


Joe’s High-rise Flawless Jeans (25% off at Bloomingdales through 10/10!) | Sam Edelman Booties (old, similar, similar) | J.Crew plaid shirt (super old, similar) | B.R. bracelet | Anorak Jacket | Marc by Marc Jacobs hobo (old, similar) | Bar initial rose gold necklace (gift, similar)

Lunch was so good…. We went to Thai Basil Leaf and the service was amazing, and the food was equally as good.

Fresh Thai Basil Winston Salem review Fresh Thai Basil Winston Salem review

Fresh Thai Basil Winston Salem review

After lunch, I camped out in Camino Bakery for a few hours with a giant piece of gluten-free carrot cake and coffee to hammer out some blog work.

Camino Bakery gluten free cake

On Saturday night, we picked up pizza from Mellow Mushroom (their new gluten-free crust is awesome!) and snuggled on the couch. We started watching Stranger Things on Netflix – we’re already hooked. (Is anyone else watching that show??) It was so nice to just stay in – we’re so often on the go that we don’t have much downtime. It was heavenly. I ate out a lot on Saturday, but I eat well 90% of the time, so I don’t worry too much about the other 10%. (Or maybe 80/20 😉 ).

Alright, onto the workouts! Week 2 of my half marathon training plan is going really well. One thing that takes some getting used to (and I think I like it) is that there aren’t prescribed distances, only prescribed times and paces.

Last Week’s Workouts

M – 4.6 mile run with Ali, 8:55 pace (This was supposed to be a rest day, but my friend Ali invited me to run and I hadn’t seen her in MONTHS so there was no way I was declining that invitation!)

T – 6 miles, solo, 8:18 pace


W – Yoga at Top Tier 

Th – 8 mile tempo run with Kate (1.5mi warmup + 2x2mi repeats with 4min recovery + cooldown, 2 mile repeats at 7:00-7:10 pace), average pace 7:51 + CrossFit

  • 4×6 Deadlifts – I did 155, 175, 195, 215#
  • 15 min AMRAP: 15 kettlebell swings, 15 wall balls, 15 situps
    • This destroyed me. My legs were totally dead from the tempo run so I didn’t worry too much about going all out. I got through 6 rounds.



S – 7 miles (treadmill), 8:34 pace

Su – 12.5 miles, 8:32 pace. This run felt amazing! I listened to two podcasts (one from Runner’s Connect and one from Runner’s World) and just enjoyed how absolutely beautiful it was outside.


Total Miles: 38.2 

How I’m feeling: Still really, really great! I can’t believe how great it’s felt increasing my mileage. I’m trying to foam roll 2-3x a week and use a lacrosse ball on extra stubborn knots.

I hope you had a great weekend and that you have a great week!

What are you watching on Netflix these days? 

Shop the Post


Rate This Post

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)


  • Reply

    LOVE the outfits!

  • Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.