2.5 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup room temperature butter, softened (that’s 1.5 sticks)
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup molasses
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift the dry ingredients, including the flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon, until well combined. Set aside
- Mix the room-temperature butter and brown sugar before beating in the egg using an electric mixer in a large bowl until light & fluffy.
- Add molasses and lemon zest into the large bowl
- Add flour mixture into the liquid mixture bowl and stir until combined
- Roll dough into balls (I used a mini ice cream scoop….it should be about 1 teaspoon) and roll in the 1/4 c sugar
- Place dough balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. You can use baking sheets with parchment paper here, too.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the outside is lightly browned
- Remove to a cooling rack and enjoy warm or cooled. I like them best chilled, but I’ll never say no to warm cookies!