I love this smoothie after a run since I get healthy carbs, protein and fats — and it’s FAST which is key when I’m starving post-run. Plus, I’ve really been trying to fuel sooner after I finish a run, since it’s so important for recovery!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 big handful spinach
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 T cacao nibs
- Blend all the ingredients together, except the cacao nibs, until creamy, adding more milk if necessary for desired thickness.(If you use a full scoop of Vega, you’ll definitely need more milk!).
- Add the caco nibs and pulse in the blender a few times.
- Top with extra cacao nibs.
- I really like Vega Sport protein powder.
- You can find cacao nibs at Trader Joe’s, typically by the granola or chia seeds.
- I always buy way more bananas than a human needs in a week so I can put extras in the freezer. A frozen banana is a must for a creamy texture. I promise it makes a big difference vs. a non-frozen one. (There’s a reason banana ice cream is a thing.)
- Speaking of creamy textures, a Vitamix blender is one of the best investments you can make for your kitchen. A powerful blender makes a HUGE difference in achieving that super creamy texture you get from a smoothie shop (and pay like $12 for, gah). I use mine daily for smoothies, soups, sauces. And I’ve had it for seven years and it’s still going strong.
Keywords: Spinach, Smoothies, Chocolate Chip