I’m not gonna lie. I’m pretty bummed out that I can’t run the marathon tomorrow.
And I decided rather than run the half marathon, to let my knee continue to heal (there are still thick, big scabs and it bruised like crazy after last week’s 7 miler), and to help make the day better for John. This way, I can drive him to the race start so he won’t have to take the bus (which means he can sleep in an hour longer), and then he won’t have to wait in the cold before the race starts. And it’s going to be a coooold morning.
I’m really excited for him. But I’m also pretty bummed out. If John qualifies for Boston, we won’t be able to run it together since registration is in December and there isn’t a marathon I can do before that. Which means, if we want to run Boston together, either he’ll have to defer or he’ll have to qualify again. (uhhh how’s that sound sweetie? 😉 )
But, I’m trying to be positive – this way I can watch him cross the finish line and this way I won’t have to freeze my booty. 😉
Good luck John! You’ll do great! <3