The best roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 8 cups water
- 4 tablespoons sea salt
- 1–3 tablespoons olive oil
- white pepper
5. Drain the water and pat the seeds in the colander with a paper towel to absorb some of the moisture.
6. Get a cookie sheet and drizzle about one tablespoon olive oil on the pan. Then, dump the seeds onto the pan. Shake the pan around to get the seeds to spread out and begin to get coated in oil.
7. Then drizzle a little more olive oil over the top (1-2 T, more depending on your patience…you’ll see why) and then spread them out into a single layer as best you can. I like to use my silicone brush because it spreads the oil while evening out the seeds.
8. Stick your pan in the oven preheated to 300*, and roast for 40-50 minutes. Start to test them around 40 minutes to see if they are crispy. The olive oil adds extra flavor but the more you have on your seeds, the longer it will take for them to dry out and crisp up. Once they are at the texture you want, remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
9. While the seeds are still slightly warm, sprinkle lightly with white pepper and toss to coat. Enjoy warm, or let them cool and store in an airtight container.