Hi friends! I’m back to reality after a wonderful weekend in Pinehurst! Thank you all so much for your sweet words on my last post. I really am so happy and all ofyou being happy for me is so so sweet. THANK YOU!
One more quick item of business before I get into Rocksbox – the winner of the Justin’s Peanut Butter giveaway is Emily from Sinful Nutrition. Congrats girl! (I just sent you an email!)
I’ve been meaning to blog about Rocksbox for a while since I LOVE it, but maybe it’s a good thing I waited since it’s a perfect thing to sign up for with the holidays and parties and dressing up! So, let’s get to it! (There’s a code for a free month at the bottom, so don’t miss that if you’re interested!)
What is it?
Rocksbox is a jewelry rental service, and for months, I wrote it off. I don’t really wear jewelry, I don’t really like jewelry, I look weird with too much jewelry. I prefer a few simple, basic pieces. It’s totally not a service I want or need. That’s what I thought anyway. Turns out I was wrong. Now that I’ve used Rocksbox for a few months, I can honestly say that I LOVE jewelry, but I just didn’t like shopping for it and am not good at finding pieces that work well for me and my style. So Rocksbox is an AMAZING service for someone like me. (If you want to try it out, don’t miss the free code at the bottom of the post!)
How does it work?
1. You sign up and then take a style quiz to identify your tastes. Pretty standard with subscription boxes.
2. You scroll through tons of actual jewelry pieces and identify items you love.
3. They send you three pieces of jewelry—bracelet, earrings, necklace, or rings—in a cute little, personalized box. They’ll send you one of the items you picked out and loved and two others that they curated based on your style quiz and the other items you gravitated towards in step #2.
4. Keep the jewelry for as long as you want and just send it back (in the packaging they provide with prepaid shipping) for a new box of jewelry once you’re ready for something else. You get charged each time you get a new box. If you want anything to keep permanently, just don’t send it back and they’ll charge you for it.
You get a discounted rate off the jewelry from retail prices and you earn $10 in “shine spend” each month that can go towards buying jewelry. I think the dollars expire each month though? Haven’t tried buying yet. Not because I don’t want to – there have been three things so far that I really want to buy, but just haven’t budgeted for them. Even after you send something back, you can go back in your account and buy items later. So, I’m planning to do that at some point!
What do I get?
Here are some examples of pieces I’ve gotten.
I LOVE these earrings. I’ve worn them so many times since I’ve gotten them – they totally elevate an otherwise boring outfit. I want to buy these!
I love this simple necklace too. Totally my style. Simple but more fun than most of my simple necklaces with the sparkly stone.
Not a fan of this bracelet at all. It’s too big on my tiny wrists and just not my style.
This necklace is another item I want to buy. I already sent it back and miss it. It’s something I NEVER would have picked out, but once I started wearing it, I absolutely loved it and realized it went with so many things. This necklace is what really sold me on Rocksbox.
Bottom line: Would I recommend Rockbox? 100% YES. I got 3 months for free (thanks Rocksbox!), but I would absolutely spend my own money on it, and plan to once my free subscription is up.
Who is it good for?
- People who think they don’t like jewelry. 😉 You may have a similar experience as me!
- People who love jewelry.
- People who don’t want to or don’t know where to buy jewelry.
- People who don’t want to spend a lot of money on jewelry until they know they’ll love it.
Seriously, I think this service is worth a try! I’m totally obsessed. (Can you tell?)
How much is it? $19 a month. So much cheaper than I was expecting.
Can I try it for free? Yes, yes you can. Use TERILYNBFF1 at checkout! If it doesn’t work, try again at the beginning of the next month. There’s a limit each month but it resets on the 1st and new codes become available!