- 2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked (not instant!)
- 1 cup mixed chopped nuts
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- 1.5 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the oats, mixed nuts, sunflower seeds, cacao nibs and coconut in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, microwave peanut butter and honey together for 60 seconds. Add vanilla and mix so everything is well incorporated.
- Add the peanut butter & honey mixture to dry ingredients and mix. It takes a few minutes and stirring to get it to mix without any dry ingredients left.
- Wet hands a little and roll dough into 1” balls. Place on a parchment or wax paper covered cookie sheet. (You can place them close together because you are not baking them!) Place in the freezer for a couple of hours and then put into a ziplock bag.
- When you want to eat one, microwave them for about 10 seconds to thaw or leave them on the counter for a few minutes and they thaw quickly.
- I like one before a workout and one after. You can also keep them in the fridge if you think you’ll go through them quickly!
Nuts: I use the salted mixed nuts from Trader Joe’s or Costco since I love the saltiness, but if I don’t have those, I just use a mixture of nuts that I have around, usually ½ cup almonds, ¼ cup walnuts, ¼ cashews or pecans
Peanut Butter: I use the Kirkland Signature creamy peanut butter or Whole Foods non-organic creamy or crunchy. Any peanut butter will do but you may need to add a little extra honey if your PB is too dry or add more oats if your PB is too runny so the dough will hold together. Avoid one with added sugar.
Cacao Nibs: You can find these at Trader Joe’s. They’re not sweet, but add a great chocolate flavor and crunch. You can use mini chocolate chips but often they melt into the mixture.
Nutrition stats are approximates and will vary depending on the exact ingredients and brands of ingredients you use.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 6.5
- Sodium: 32.3
- Fat: 6.9
- Saturated Fat: 2.2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 10.6
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2.2
- Cholesterol: 0