Hi people! The blogging has been a little sporadic this week because I am STILL sick! But you know the cure for sickness, homemade hot cocoa.
Simply Delicious Hot Cocoa
- 1-2 T sugar (Depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa (I always make these heaping tablespoons since I like a strong chocolate taste)
- small pinch of salt
- dash of cinnamon and/or cayenne for kick!
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 t vanilla extra
- Combine the sugar, cocoa, salt and cinnamon in a mug.
- In a separate container, heat the milk in the microwave for 1.5 minutes or until hot.
- Gradually add milk to the dry ingredients and stir well. (You might want to use a fork to kind of whisk it as you stir.)
- If you have a milk frother, froth away.
- Stir in the vanilla.
It’s simple, but it’s a favorite!
What’s your favorite warm drink? This is a hard one for me! I love chai lattes, hot cocoa, and spiced cider. And lots of kinds of herbal teas, coffee, and espresso…too many good ones to pick just one!