Below are the items I use on a daily basis for my skincare and make-up routine. To read my previous blog posts about Beautycounter, click here. To join my Beautycounter Facebook group where I share product updates, tips and promos, click here.
If you have any Beautycounter questions or need help selecting a product, feel free to send me an email: beautycounter [at] afoodiestaysfit.com or fill out this skincare survey.
My Favorite Beautycounter Products:
My simple daily routine – 5 minutes!!
- Dew Skin tinted moisturizer. I wear shade 2, read my review here.
- Tint Skin Foundation. I wear Linen in the winter and Sand in the summer. I usually mix the Dew Skin and Tint Skin for medium coverage – I put a little drop of each on the back of my hand and use this brush to apply. This is the first foundation I’ve EVER liked — you can read my review in this post!
- Blush – I either use the Cream blush (read my review here) or the Satin Blush in Nectar (it looks just like NARS Orgasm).
- Concealer Pen – I use the Light shade and I freaking love this concealer.
- Brow Gel – I currently have the clear one to hold my brows in place since they get unruly. Once my pencil runs out (soon!), I’m going to get the tinted version (in medium).
- Mascara – I personally don’t love their mascara but I know people love the Volumizing one! For my everyday mascara, I wear Ilia and loooove it.
- Lip Gloss – I am OBSESSED with the Rosewood. And I was NOT a lipgloss person before discovering Beautycounter’s lipgloss!
TIP: If you’re looking to overhaul your makeup, the Flawless in Five set has everything you need for a simple, polished look and you save 20% off by buying it as a set!
Makeup I use when I’m doing a little more!
- Mattifying powder. This has so many uses! Absorbing oil, setting make-up, blending eyeshadow. (Watch my tutorial here.)
- Necessary Nudes Eyeshadow Palette – I am OBSESSED with this and use it every day. It’s a great option for eyeshadow junkies or people new to eyeshadow since it has so many options to help experiment to find what you like! (Watch my tutorial here.)
- Liquid liner – This was the first liquid liner I’ve ever used and I LOVE it. Tips for applying liquid liner are in this post!
- Brow Pencil – I use medium.
- Bronzer – the best bronzer I’ve ever used! I like it better than Hoola (and it’s safer).
- Highlighter – I was not a highlighter person until I got this! The three shades are perfect for making me look a little more alive, especially in the winter months.
- Plumping Mist – helps set makeup and give it a nice even glow. I also use this in the afternoon/early evening when my skin starts to feel dry. We have radiators for heat and it’s SO drying!
- Lip sheer – Twig is a great natural, daily color. And I get SO many compliments when I wear Rose or Lily.
- Color Intense Lipstick – Brunch and Garden Party are my favorites!! I also Beautycounter Red — it’s the PERFECT red
My Skin Care Routine
Products are listed in the order I use them, along with AM & PM use noted.
Morning skincare routine
- Rejuvenating Cleanser
- This is great for dry and/or aging skin!
- Charcoal face bar
- I use this only 1-2x a week since I have dry skin and charcoal can be drying. It’s good after extra sweaty workouts since charcoal helps clear pores. I use it to wash my arm pits daily (and then use Primally Pure deodorant – more on that below) and also use it to wash my makeup brushes (details here).
- Rejuvenating Toner Pads
- Sometimes I’ll just rinse my skin and then use one of these, rather than actually wash it with the Rejuvenating Cleanser or charcoal bar.
- Radiance Serum
- Rejuvenating Day Cream – I LOVE the way this smells! If I want a lighter-weight lotion, I use the Countermatch Adaptive Lotion.
- I use the Makeup Remover Wipes after every workout!
Evening Skincare Routine
- Eye Make-up Remover – so gentle but takes off makeup easily.
- Cleansing balm or Cleansing Milk. They’re both so moisturizing and amazing for removing makeup. I use them both but tend to use the balm more in the winter.
- Toner pads
- Radiance Serum – this made a huge difference in my skin brightness! (Read my review here.)
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel – I think EVERYONE should have this product. It’s incredible. It helps with dullness, large pores, scars, spots, everything. And it’s safe for sensitive skin too. I use it 2-3x a week in place of the radiance serum. Read my review here.
- Face Oil – This is a game changer for dry skin. I use #1 Brightening.
- Countermatch Sleeping Cream
- Charcoal Mask – I try to use this 2x a week. It’s amazing what a difference it makes to help clear my pores and gently exfoliate my skin.
Body & Hair Care
- Volume & Shape Shampoo + Conditioner
- Volumizing Mist
- Body wash (smells amazing). I also like really like the men’s body wash and steal Tommy’s often! 🙂
- Primally Pure Deodorant – I really like charcoal and lemongrass. Tommy uses charcoal. Use promo code TERI for 10% off with this link!
- Countermatch Body Moisturizer My husband and I both use this – I love the pump!
- Body butter Amazing for dry skin. I use this in the winter.
- Hand cream I keep one in my purse, at my desk and in every bathroom. Love it.
- Hand wash & hand cream set. I keep the set by my kitchen sink)
- Body Oil – I add a couple drops of this to my lotion in the winter for extra hydration. I also use a tiny drop of it to smooth the ends of my hair – it kills frizz and makes it so shiny!
I talk about my skincare and makeup routines and when I use what products in the below video! (The giveaway I mention in it ended. But, subscribe to my Beautycounter emails and you’ll be notified of future giveaways and promos!)
To place a Beautycounter order, go here: beautycounter.com/terilynhutcheon
My Beautycounter Side Gig
I’m a Beautycounter consultant and I truly love working for this company. I love their mission, their products and their affordable pricing for high-quality, safe products. I’m super careful about what I put into my body by selecting and eating healthy food, so it’s kind of silly I haven’t been more careful about what I put into my body through the skincare products I use. Not anymore. I’m making a conscious effort to switch to safer beauty and skincare products — and Beautycounter has been the best way for me to do that. I love their products, I don’t have to do a ton of research since I know all their stuff is safe, and it’s not crazy expensive. You can read more about why I became a consultant here.
I really love sharing the best Beautycounter products I discover with my blog readers. And I would love to help you make the switch to safer beauty products too (even if it’s a slow transition, which is what I’ve been doing! Small steps are better than no progress at all!).
Be sure to sign up for my Beautycounter newsletter to learn more about their products and so I can keep you posted on any amazing specials.
I <3 Beautycounter
Sign up for my Beautycounter newsletter to learn more about their products and to hear about specials and giveaways!