- 2 pounds lean ground beef (I used 93%)1 large yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (10 oz) can tomato soup + 1 can water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the beef and onion in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat or in your crockpot if it has a saute option. Cook and stir occasionally to break up the beef until it crumbles and is no longer pink (about 10-12 minutes).
- Drain the fat and return the mixture to the crockpot.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook in your crockpot for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.