The addition of crunchy tempeh gives this simple salad amazing texture and taste, and bumps up the protein for major staying power!
Crunchy Tempeh & Seedy Salad
- 3 cups butter lettuce, washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 1/3 block tempeh, cut into small cubes
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 T sunflower seeds (I used raw, unroasted)
- 2 T hemp seeds (I bought mine on iHerb)
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- olive oil to drizzle on top + salt & pepper to season
- Saute the tempeh in olive oil over medium heat until crispy. Let cool and them crumble over lettuce.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Enjoy with kombucha and magazine of choice.
Oxygen magazine for sure 🙂
I’m a bit of a magazine junkie. These days I subscribe to Everyday with Rachael Ray, Clean Eating, Self, and if professional journals count, Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Love them all!
Thanks so much! I never win anything so this was so exciting. I like all those home and garden magazines.
Heather (Heather's Dish)at
i don’t read a ton of them, but Fitness is a fave always and forever!
Amber at Love, Laugh, Live Wellat
My favorite magazine is Real Simple. It’s got a little bit of everything. Right now we also get Snowboarder Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Golf Digest and Women Health.
Your salad looked very tasty!
Bugle is my favorite, along with maps to discover new places to visit and roads to drive.
[New Balance] Nicoleat
Yum, that salad looks great!
i love cooking light!
Athena @ Fitness & Fetaat
Yum, that salad looks good! My favorite magazines are Women’s Health and Shape!
Mary @ Fit and Fedat
Tempeh is such a great way to add protein to a salad, and sautéed tempeh is a good substitute for bacon (ever so much healthier, of course). Favorite magazines? Hmm, the Atlantic, National Geo, and Skating.