- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant oats!)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon aniseed, crushed in mortar and pestle (or spice grinder)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 T brewer’s yeast (optional – can leave out if not breastfeeding)
- 1 T flax meal
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- one 15-ounce can of cannellini beans rinsed & drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped dried figs (when I want a little more sweetness, I’ll up this to
- ½ cup)
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350’F
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (flour, flax meal, baking soda, baking powder, brewer’s yeast, sea salt, coconut sugar, lemon zest)
- Add in egg, oil, vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate small bowl, pour in ? cup of sesame seeds.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop the dough and gentle roll into a ball. Roll the dough in the sesame seeds and place on your prepared pan and flatten slightly. Repeat with all the dough.
- Place the baking tray in the oven for 15 minutes or until they start turning a light brown.
- After removing the cookies from the oven, let them cool on the baking rack before serving (about 5 minutes)
**If you want to make a double batch, just double all the ingredients!