I recently got the Sunshine Award from Janetha. And I think she said it best: “this takes me back about four years ago in old school blogging days when these award things were commonly passed around. now days blogging seems so formal with reviews and tutorials and the like.. so a little award fun is just what i need!” I completely agree!
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award and ask them 10 questions.
Here are the questions Janetha asked!
1. do you believe in aliens? why or why not. No. Why? Ummmm I just don’t? haha. I guess I do believe that life exists elsewhere in the great universe but not like scary, take-over-our-brains, type of aliens.
2. if you could do ANYTHING in the world and have that be your career and your skills, paycheck, or anything else was not an object.. what would you do? Honestly I really like my current gig – online advertising. But that’s kind of a boring answer – so I guess I’d pick doing something where I can complete flexibility with my hours and location. I’m a total homebody and like to be able to come and go as I please. That doesn’t work in Corporate America!
3. what is your earliest childhood memory? Visiting my grandmother (my dad’s mom) in hospice. She was in a bed and my parents lifted me up to give her a kiss and she said she loved me. I must have been 2 or 3, I think? It’s the only memory I have of her since she passed shortly thereafter so it’s special to me that’s my earliest memory.
4. what’s for dinner tonight? No clue. I think I’ll dig through Cook’s Illustrated – I recently signed up for a online membership!
5. what was the most fabulous vacation you have ever been on in your entire life? My trip to Oregon last month is definitely at the top of the list. There was a lot of variety (outdoors, city, busy-ness, relaxation, running, wine and friends!). I also loved visiting Rome, Paris and Switzerland in 2007!
6. if you HAD to give up one of your senses (touch, taste, sight, hearing, or smell) which would it be? ummmm none? I guess maybe smell if I had to choose.
7. would you rather always be super freezing cold or ridiculously overheating hot? (and no, you can’t have a warm blanket or AC to combat the issue!) overheating hot!
8. why did you start blogging? I loved sharing my favorite meals and workouts on my family/friends blog. And when “strangers” started commenting on it, I loved the community I felt. So I started A Foodie Stays Fit to get even more connected to this like-minded community. And I’ve made so many wonderful friends through it! I love sharing bits of my life and travels too – I don’t think my blog is as health focused as it used to be, perhaps because it’s not an effort to live that way anymore; it’s just become part of life. So it’s just one bit of my life I share here!
9. what was the last compliment you received and what was the last one you paid to someone? yikes I don’t know!
10. what is your most favorite thing to eat? Mmmmm that’s a tough one. It depends on my mood, but I consistently like seared salmon, a medium-rare steak or really fresh clams/mussels/oysters.
10 bloggers I nominate: (if you’ve already gotten this, apologies! i know this was going around a while ago!)
1. Lori & Michelle from Purely Twins
2. Lauren from Sassy Molassy
3. Michelle from A Healthy Mrs.
4. Christina from Healthy Meets Healthy
5. Hillary from Nutrition Nut on the Run
6. Melissa from The Delicate Place
7. Gracie from Girl Meets Life
8. Jen from Peanut Butter Runner
9. Elise from Hungry Hungry Hippie
10. Katie from Yes I Want Cake
Your questions are below!
1. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
2. If you could go any place in the world, where would it be?
3. Are you an introvert or extrovert? What’s an trait you have that obviously proves it?
4. What was the first-ever blog you read that wasn’t a close friend or family member?
5. Why do you keep blogging?
6. What are you looking forward to during the rest of 2013?
7. What is a goal you are working on right now?
8. Do you believe in fate?
9. If you had unlimited money, how would you fill your time?
10. What’s your favorite TV show?
Now it’s my turn to get to know you a little more. 🙂 Pick one of the questions I answered or one of the 10 I wrote for the others and leave your answer in the comments!