Hiiiii! Welcome to the very first edition of the the weekender in 2017 and the first on my newly designed blog! The redesign has been in the works for months and I’m so happy it’s done! My designer, Holly, and my web developer, Isaac, have been amazing throughout – they’re super talented and I highly recommend both of them if you need any website work done. The blog should be easier to navigate and find old content (like yummy recipes) and it’s also finally mobile friendly! I’m still working through a few kinks with the images (which have to be manually set for 7+ years of content…eeeeeeek), but overall, I think it’s beautiful and I hope you love it too! If you find any major issues, let me know!
Yesterday was a very low key day since we got 8″ of snow. I took Maizey out on a few walks and Tommy and I met some friends for brunch, but mostly took it easy. It was 10* this morning, so I’m staying inside again!
Now, let’s get onto the weekender!
- One of my readers (can’t remember who, but thank you!) suggested that I’d like reading Morning Routines after I shared my morning routine. I loooove getting a weekly email about someone’s routine each week. It’s super interesting and it inspires me to make tweaks in mine. This morning routine read was particularly good.
- I shop online at Nordstrom a LOT (you’ve probably noticed that I link there in almost every single fashion post), and there are two reasons I do: they have a huge variety of items at every price point and they have an amazing return policy. (Free shipping + free returns, even after you’ve worn it – which is especially important for shoes!) I loved this list of stores that have great return policies – I had no idea Anthropologie and L.L. Bean have such good return policies too.
- Beautycounter is having a winter sale that ends today. They have their super popular charcoal mask and face oils are on sale so stock up if you use those or want to try them.
- Healing your gut to heal your hips. Since I’ve been struggling with IT band pain, I thought this was super interesting.
- The Food Network is usually on while I make meal plan for the week. I added this Asian Noodle Salad to my meal plan after I saw Ree make it this morning – it’s been way too long since I used my spiralizer. (I’ll sub in coconut aminos for the soy sauce since soy makes me break out.) The cookbooks I flipped through this morning are The Big 15 Paleo, Thug Kitchen, Chloe’s Kitchen and Run Fast East Slow.
Alright, I’m off to get some things done and hopefully curl up with my current book for a bit! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!