Happy Monday! I hope you had an awesome weekend. I was up in Winston for a hair appointment (Jodi at The Escape Salon is the best), and of course, some time with Tommy. 🙂 I got two inches cut off since it’s just so hot on my neck in the summer, and because I accidentally fried my hair with my flat iron. Ugh, crap. So I’m now the proud owner of some heat protectant and I won’t turn my flat iron up past 300 degrees per Jodi’s orders. I had been turning it up to 400+. Oops.
Here’s some links I enjoyed last week – lots of them! And last week’s workouts are below!
- Christine shared this link in the comments section last week and I really liked it! 10 reasons why crossfit makes sense for seniors
- Loved this post from Leslie Ann about why cake for breakfast is a bad idea.
- Sweet potato tortilla chips are coming back at Trader Joe’s!
- I’m a little bit obsessed with the “What’s new” at Trader Joe’s page.
- Awesome post on working out, gaining weight and the cortisol connection.
- Lindsay from Cotter Crunch shared this and I really enjoyed it –> The truth about gluten sensitivity.
- The NY Times always has awesome health articles. What’s the right dose of exercise for a longer life?
- I made this zucchini bread overnight protein oatmeal and it is quite delicious. I recommend soaking the raisins overnight vs. adding them at the end. They get nice and plump that way.
Last Week’s Workouts
S – rest
M – CrossFit
Strength: Max 1 Rep Front squat: worked up to 150#, a 5 lb PR!
WOD: Burgeron Beep Test
5 thrusters (I did 45#), 5 pull ups (I did ring rows), 5 burpees EMOM for as long as possible – I did 20 rounds! I was absolutely WIPED by the end. The group I work out with was awesome and cheered me on to keep going much longer than I would have otherwise — and they took some pictures. (Check out my sweet camo tank. ha!)
T – CrossFit
Strength: 3 rep touch and go max deadlift –> I worked up to 175#
WOD: finished in 16:09
- Run 1200m, rest 3 minutes
- Run 800m, rest 2 minutes
- Run 400m, rest 1 minute
- Run 200m
W – AM Crossfit + PM run 4.1 miles, 7:30 pace.
My legs were getting super stiff so I went for a run to try to flush some lactic acid. I felt great! But then Thursday’s run was a wreck…so I don’t think it worked. ha!
- 180# max back squat – took 7 sets to work up to a single max
- 51 HSPU in 5 min
- 49 ring rows in 5 min
Th – 6 miles, 8:46 pace
My legs were toast from all the max lifts this week.
F – AM 60 min hot yoga + PM 4 mile run, 8:30 pace.
I ran mostly because I didn’t have much to do Friday night and just wanted to get out of the house. I ran a route I rarely do because I have to drive there and just enjoyed the scenery.
I ran in my latest Fabletics outfit. I couldn’t resist the stars & stripes shorts! The tank is awesome – it has an open back which is really nice in this heat, and the bra that it came with was way more supportive than I was expecting. Two enthusiastic thumbs up. Pardon the bedroom mess – it was laundry day.
S – partner WOD at Top Tier CrossFit in Winston-Salem.
I got to work out with Tommy! So fun! 🙂