I’ve had multiple requests to bring the Weekender back and I’m trying to get back on schedule. (Yes, I realize I’m already off schedule since it’s not the weekend, but I had a busy weekend! More on that tomorrow!) You may have noticed that my blogging has been a bit sporadic, but sometimes life just happens. But I do love the community on this blog and truly appreciate all your comments and love hearing your feedback on what you like! So, here are some links – hope you enjoy!
- My alma mater ranked the hottest, brainiest school in the country. Obviously this was a favorite read. 🙂
- This story about a pup’s bucket list is heartbreaking but also heart warming. Even more so for me since it’s about a boxer.
- Rachel wrote a blog post about a blogger documentary I hadn’t heard about. But what I liked most from her post was this part:
“This sentiment that not sharing every detail of their lives means bloggers are hiding something persists. What’s bizarre to me is that that’s…not how the world really works offline? Like, if my coworker tells me each day about the cool stuff she did the night before, I don’t sit around speculating that she’s actually depressed, or cheating on her husband, or secretly a lesbian, or about to go bankrupt. I don’t assume that her life is perfect; I assume she probably has more on her mind from time to time but she isn’t telling me the stuff that’s really mundane or just none of my goddamn business. Again…it’s not that deep. And, frankly, I don’t want to hear all about her proverbial dirty laundry any more than I want to hear about her actual dirty laundry. That doesn’t mean I expect everyone to be all sunshine and light all the time; it just means that, on the whole, I’d rather hear the good parts. And again, considering how bitchy people get when anyone overshares the darker stuff, I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in that regard.”
- I’m excited to try this “Love your butt workout.” Despite all my running, I have a serious lack of muscle tone in my legs these days, particularly my hamstrings and booty. This happens every time I increase my mileage; I just get kind of puffy looking and put on weight. (I’ve read that it may be a result from an increase in cortisol.) But, I definitely can do better about strengthening my backside.
- This “Google Translate for Runners” CRACKS me up. So so so true. (I read this weeks ago, meaning to share it with you guys. See? I’m always thinkin’ of sharing Weekender links, even when I don’t. ha!)
The Week in Fitness:
Last week’s workouts are posted on my Daily Mile profile with more detail. But, in short, here’s what I did!
S – Cherry Blossom 10 Miler (race recap)
M – rest, I think? I didn’t record a workout
T – 4.78 mile run
W – Power Yoga
Th – 4.18 mile run
F – rest
S – shakeout run in preparation for Raleigh half marathon
Have a great week!