The Weekender, with my favorite reads from the past week, last minute Christmas gift ideas & why you should buy something they didn’t ask for to give a truly thoughtful gift.
Happy Sunday friends! Maizey and I just got back from a long walk. I love Sunday mornings in downtown Winston-Salem because it’s so quiet. There’s zero traffic and zero construction and it’s heavenly. It was SUPER windy this morning but it is randomly in the 60s (we were just in the 20s last week!) so it felt amazing even with the wind whipping.
Quick PSA: Today is the last day that you can use standard shipping for orders to arrive on time for Christmas (at most stores anyway!). Tomorrow, you’ll be paying for rush shipping at most stores. Or, you know, doing all your shopping on Amazon Prime. 😉 Nordstrom, my go-to store, has free shipping by Christmas Eve still happening too. If you still need ideas or want to find something lovely that your loved one hasn’t asked for (more on that below in favorite links!), check out these posts.
- Gift guide for your best friend (works for your mom, sister, girlfriend, wife too!)
- Gift guide for your man
- Gift guide for runners (or any fitness junkie)
- Gift guide for the busiest person you know
- Gift guide for CrossFitters
These pages also have a ton of ideas and I add to them regularly so check those out.
- Holiday shop for her
- Holiday shop for him
- Holiday shop for the home (great ideas for hostess gifts or for your mom/mother in law!)
- Holiday shop for the fitness junkie
- There’s a very good reason you should tweet an emoji at Google. I’ve got to try this.
- Healthy cold weather dinners. These all look amazing.
- Wishing away the wish list. I loved this, especially this line: I may be an adult, but some part of me still has a child’s desire to wake up, starry-eyed, and find that gifts have materialized under the tree — surprises chosen with love and obtained in secret, waiting to be opened in wonder. We don’t outgrow that. I firmly believe gift giving should combine your intimate knowledge of your loved ones plus an element of surprise. It’s what makes it fun and so joyful, on both sides of the exchange.
- This unexpected gift — a boxer tree ornament — from Tommy last night is a perfect example of that. 🙂 He saw it, knew I would love it, bought it and gave it to me early to enjoy during the holiday season. Never mind that Maizey wants to chew it up and keeps staring at it longingly. (I posted on Snapchat last night of her vs. the ornament haha – username terilynhutchie).
Alright, I’ve got to go get ready! Tommy and I are headed up to Boone for his mom’s family Christmas party. I can’t wait. I LOVE his parents and I haven’t seen them in forever. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!