Holy moly folks, this day was insane. It flew by and left me feeling frantic. Too many meetings, deadlines and running around! So after eating dinner (John made pizza – we really liked Udi’s gluten-free crust), I’ve sat on my bum and just caught up on a million emails. Felt good to clean out my inbox. I didn’t do a weekender post over the weekend because I blogged about my race, but I had a few links I enjoyed and one super fun activity I wanted to share!
On Saturday, I had a friend over for tea. We were supposed to be going to another friend’s house but her son got sick, but I was glad Mary Jane still wanted to get together. I was especially excited to play hostess and use my new white plates. (Oh and I did reorganize my cupboards to move out anything that wasn’t white or clear. ha!)
I had orange & cranberry goat cheese that I picked up at the farmer’s market earlier that day, and served it with Nut Thins Artisan Crackers (gluten-free). I also stocked up at Trader Joe’s on snacks.
- coconut macaroons (freezer section)
- rosemary marcona almonds (SO good)
- organic raspberries
I had plenty of tea in my cupboard.
We had a great time chatting away! The weather was beautiful too. Alright onto some links!
- Ahhhh I love Sugarhouse! That article made me homesick.
- Are you always hungry? Read this. It’s dense but super interesting.
- This was an awesome way to cook chicken for shredding. Quick and simple.
- Guys, today is National Pick a Strawberry Day. ha! I love random holidays. I mean, who comes up with these? Regardless, I would like to pick a strawberry today, but alas, no access. I liked this infographic on strawberries with some fun random facts.
- Next time I have pizza, I really want to try this gluten-free crust. And I want to eat the pizza with Ashley.
Last Week’s Workouts
S – 8 mile treadmill run while on a weekend getaway in Boone (do you guys still want to see pictures even though it was over a week ago??)
M – 2 mile run & lunges, pushups and high knees
T – 5.75 miles, intervals
W – 6.6 mile run & Pure Barre with a friend
Th – rest. I was WIPED.
F – Pure Barre
S – 4.5 mile run
You can always read more details about my workouts on my Daily Mile profile!
What’s your favorite berry? RASPBERRIES ALL THE WAY.
Do you like playing hostess? I love having friends over but I have to remind myself to keep it simple. Otherwise I stress myself out and it takes the fun out of it. The key is to remember that the most important ingredient is a relaxed environment. So if that means you don’t make everything from scratch, so be it! If you’re a pro hostess, share your tips!